Anyone for Arcadia J812 June 2008

miraclemichael

Hi,

I'm new to cruising and will be joining the Arcadia for the above cruise. We are in stateroom E172 and was wondering if anyone knows what the blank space on the deck plan is next to it.:confused:

Would look forward to corresponding with anyone who is on the same cruise.

Miraclemichael,

Hi, I am not on this cruise with you I am afraid but might have the answer to your question about the blank space next to your cabin on Arcadia.

On all decks there are housekeeping cubby holes where cleaning trolleys are stored along with things like spare linen and sinks for disposing of water from mop buckets and clearing up room service trays. There also has to be somewhere for cabin stewards to collect ice from on each deck.

The other possibility is that the space is given over to a crew stairwell (unlikely as the space is not replicated on the decks above or below). Finally, there could be some generator equipment or similar tucked away in that area.

Obviously this is all speculation on my part, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Feebee_71:)

The area next door to E172 is a fridge area for the crew to keep supplies in. The good news is they obviously don't need the balcony so you get half of it, shared with the cabin on the other side of the fridge area (obviously with a dividing wall), ie another 4 feet wider. So you have done well.

Thanks Janey for the info, but do you know if the fridge is noisey. If it is running 24/7 it might be a problem. Any info will be much appreciated

Thanks again

Mike..

:)

The area next door to E172 is a fridge area for the crew to keep supplies in. The good news is they obviously don't need the balcony so you get half of it, shared with the cabin on the other side of the fridge area (obviously with a dividing wall), ie another 4 feet wider. So you have done well.

Thanks Janey for the info, but do you know if the fridge is noisey. If it is running 24/7 it might be a problem. Any info will be much appreciated

Thanks again

Mike..

:)

I have read reports from people in this cabin and they loved it but have no first hand experience but I would say that no it isn't noisey, or any more noisey than other cabins with noisey neighbours etc. We embark Arcadia the day you get, off, 05 July, so hope all goes well and you get to Southampton on time!

Archived