Question about itinery changes

txflood3

This may seem like an odd question, but it was something I was just thinking about. Maybe someone out there has some experience with this.

With all of the hurricanes this season, many of the ports of call will be rebuilding for some time. Will Carnival change an itinery to a port that has not been recently devistated by storms even if the weather is ok there at the time of the cruise? For instance, Jamaica and Grand Cayman have been.are being hit hard by Ivan. Will Carnival take the Conquest to different ports over the next couple of weeks? I would assume many of the tourist items would still be in the rebuilding stages and possibly not operable.

I really don't mean to sound selfish here. I also think it would be a slap in the face to the locals who are rebuilding....."I know your house is gone and the island doesn't have much electricity or fresh water, but can you take me horseback riding or to Stingray City?"

Just curious as to how Carnival handles things like this.

Thanks

They will most likely have to assess the situation at each port and determine whether or not to change ports based on their ability and willingness to accept cruiseships. We could be feeling the effects for several weeks as these poor folks on the islands try to put things back together. Since many islands get a large part of their income from tourism, they'll be doing the best they can to get their lives back on track and things back in operation.

Archived