Reversing Falls on the way to St. Andrews from St. John, NB?

Truffle

We have booked the 7 hr.excursion to the seaside village of St. Andrews from St. John. The tour description mentions that the route follows the Bay of Fundy and that there will be commentary regarding the Bay but does not specificly mention the Reversing Falls. Does anyone know if we will see the Reversing Falls along the way or is it, perhaps, in the opposite direction? Most of the other tours specificly mention the Falls. Thanks!

Hi Joan,

Can you tell me with whom you have booked? Is it basicly the same St. Andrews tour? Perhaps we will cancel and try the same tour. St. Andrews sounded so lovely and the shopping sounded interesting. As far as getting back too late, who advised you about that? Do you know someone who has done this tour? The ship would not leave anyone who is booked on an excursion through the ship, but I thought it would be nice to get back in time to see a little of the town in St. John as well. Do you know if you will see the falls on your private tour? Is it a tour with a set itinerary, or are they customizing it for you? Are you doing the Maritime Tea at the Algonquin? Thanks! Melody

Hi Melody,

Our tour is booked with www.freedomtours.com. We are not doing St. Andrews, but one called From the Fundy Coast to the Fundy Shore. It does the reversing falls in both directions. They do have a 6 hour tour to St. Andrews as well but I don't think St. Andrews tours see the falls. You might contact them and see what they say. I heard they were very good and we usually prefer to do small private tours. They are usually even cheaper than ship's tours.

Joan

Archived