Vibration 8 Deck Aft QM2?

MollyBrown

Could anyone tell me if there is any engine noise or vibration on 8 Deck aft on QM2? I had an aft cabin once on 6 Deck and there was a terrible vibration. How far up would one hear this, do you know?

For example, what about 10 Deck aft?

I'm most concerned about whether to book an A3 cabin on 8 Deck aft. If there is any vibration or noise I won't. Thank you.

I'm most concerned about whether to book an A3 cabin on 8 Deck aft. If there is any vibration or noise I won't. Thank you.

No, none - I was in an A3 in October - probably the 'best' Britannia cabins on the ship, in my view.

Peter

On the recent Christmas cruise last week, our friends had cabin 8129 - the last aft cabin on the starboard side, right outside of Todd English. I did not notice any vibrations at all; nor did they mention it so I assume it's OK.

Hope this helps!

-Michael

I had an aft cabin once on 6 Deck and there was a terrible vibration. How far up would one hear this, do you know?

Molly-

What cabin were you in on 6 deck?

We're on 5 deck in 5238, port side. About 5 cabins from the last aft cabin.

I was concerned, but T/A said no vibration on Deck 5 aft.

We once had aft balcony Jr. Suite on Voyager of the Seas (RCCL) and had nine nights of unbearable vibration.

We usually choose mid-ship. However, the prices were too good to pass up and that was the only location left for a balcony triple.

It's only 4 nights, so how bad is it- really?

Thanks for any input.

Molly-

What cabin were you in on 6 deck?

We're on 5 deck in 5238, port side. About 5 cabins from the last aft cabin.

I was concerned, but T/A said no vibration on Deck 5 aft.

We once had aft balcony Jr. Suite on Voyager of the Seas (RCCL) and had nine nights of unbearable vibration.

We usually choose mid-ship. However, the prices were too good to pass up and that was the only location left for a balcony triple.

It's only 4 nights, so how bad is it- really?

Thanks for any input.

I'm not the best one to answer this (though I have had cabins fairly aft in QM2)

But I think the propulsion system is totally different (pods, vs. traditional screws) and therefore less likely to suffer from bad vibration. And honestly, in three voyages on her, I don't believe I EVER felt vibration, even on the aft decks, where the pools are located.

Hopefully, one of the more technically knowledgeable will post a better answer. but I don't think you need to worry.

Karie

Thanks, Karie.

The engine vibration we felt on the Voyager probably did not come from the propulsion engine. It was from some engine to run some internal workings of the ship. We never did find out what the engine was. On the deck plan, there is "white space" on both decks 4 and 5 in the area outside our cabin. Our cabin is the last aft cabin above a cabin on deck 4, with "white space" further aft. Hope it's crew quarters or storage and not some engine. That's our concern.

Again, we're not too worried, since it's only a 4 nighter. It really gets annoying on a 9 nighter:D

We were in 5248 San Francisco to Ft. Lauderdale 2006 (most of) world. There was a noticeable but not bothersome vibration, grinding for several hours each night. Seemed to be less duration and less frequent after the first few days after Hawaii. Wondered if it was the waste food grinder at work. Or the newly reinstalled pod getting resettled. Other times it seemed to be speed related, at just under 27 knots.

Archived