Cruise Director List 2008

MrPete

Does anyone have any info. on the Activities Directors that help out the CD's on each ship? We just got back from the Valor. Amy & Matt where awesome on this ship. Would love to find a way to tell them how great they made our cruise. They made this one of the most fun cruises I've had since my first one.

Ryan Fitzgerald was the CD, really didn't see too much of him.

We were on the Valor September 14 to 21, and Chris Jefferson was CD.

I agree about Amy and Matt, they were great.

It is correct that the Imagination is getting a different cruise director. Jorge told us he was moving ships. Apparently a different ship is taking over the Eastern route and he will be on that one instead of the Imagination.

Jorge is now on the Destiny.

Jen Baxter is on the Conquest. (as acting CD)

She's now annoying people as assistant CD on the Destiny.

Apparently, she's being promoted to CD on another ship in November..... not sure where, but I'll try to avoid it!!

What about Robin from the Inspiration? He was one of the staff working with Risa Barnes as CD. He is awesome; full of energy, has fun and is a harder worker than the CD. I'm dying to know if he's still on the Inspiration, moved to another ship, or is now a CD. Does anyone know?

Also, when a CD moves to another ship,do they take their staff or not? I heard Risa is going to the Fantasy in January, so I wonder what that means for Robin and the rest of the staff. Anyone know?

You all are so informative and wonderful! Thank you!

I just got off the Miracle and it was Lenny Halliday.

What a great guy.

We missed our meet and greet due to the bar being closed because of the weather. I sent him a note and he anounced the new time on his morning show and he and Josh did alot of talking about cruise critic. In his words, this site is, The good, the bad and the ugly about cruising. lol

Then he anounced over the PA system about 15 mins before to remind everyone.

All the CD's and their assistants are on different contracts so they usually don't stay together. When it is time for their vacation they find out what ship is available and if the assistant liked the CD they were with, they may choose to follow if the ship is available.

Going on Triumph next month and curious about Ryan Fitzgerald as cruise director. Any comments?

We were on the Miracle in Feb and Josh was cruise director for the week and thought he did great. Apparently they are not ready to give him his own gig yet.

Golf

Any one know how TREVOR BLOCK on the facination is? I love the ver involved CD.

He was our Cruise Director on the Celebration, February 2007, and again on the Fascination, September 2007.

I really liked his style, but I rather think my opinion may be out-of-the-norm. :p

Hi, we have Valor: CHRIS JEFFERSON does anyone know how is he?

Chris came back to the Valor on 14th September... it was the second time we had him as CD.... he was also on our Valor cruise last October.

I like him a lot!! He's very professional, knowledgeable, hard working, and funny... he's our favourite CD by far!!!

Also.... when you ask him questions, he takes the time to answer them, without making you feel you are taking up his precious time, unlike other CD's we've come across.

You'll have a great time on the Valor with him!!

Ryan "dandy lion" will go to the Triumph after her dry dock. He left the Valor on Sept.14 He was the CD on the Valor on my cruise and left after the cruise was over.

We will be going on Triumph in two weeks. Any comments on Ryan as CD?

Have noticed that Josh (Big Sexy) seems to step up to CD when his boss is gone.

We saw him in February and he was CD and thought he did a great job but never said he was not permanent.

Wonder if he will step up anytime soon.

Golf

I just got off the Miracle and it was Lenny Halliday.

What a great guy.

We missed our meet and greet due to the bar being closed because of the weather. I sent him a note and he anounced the new time on his morning show and he and Josh did alot of talking about cruise critic. In his words, this site is, The good, the bad and the ugly about cruising. lol

Then he anounced over the PA system about 15 mins before to remind everyone.

he did??:eek: :eek:

how did i miss the PA announcement? thank goodness i lost at poker that day or i never would have went back to the cabin and i would have never got your voice mail

Conquest: WEE JIMMY

Destiny: JORGE SOLDANO

Ecstasy: STEVE CASSEL

Elation: STEWART DUNN

Fantasy: BIG TEX

Fascination: TREVOR BLOCK

Freedom: TODD WHITTMER

Glory: BUTCH

Holiday: TORY SECOY

Imagination: KARL with a K

Inspiration: RISA BARNES

Legend: TINA NOBLE

Liberty: STEVE KNISLEY

Miracle: LENNY HALLIDAY

Paradise: SKIP LYONS

Pride: JEFF BRONSON

Sensation: PAUL SANTLEY

Splendor: JOHN HEALD

Spirit: CHRIS ROBERTS

Triumph: RYAN FITZGERALD

Valor: CHRIS JEFFERSON

Victory: MALCOLM BURN

She's now annoying people as assistant CD on the Destiny.

Apparently, she's being promoted to CD on another ship in November..... not sure where, but I'll try to avoid it!!

She is going to the Splendor as the Cruise Director on Oct 4. Gustav is arriving on Oct 17th and will become the permanent CD on Oct 29th when Jen leaves.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Conquest: WEE JIMMY

Destiny: JORGE SOLDANO

Ecstasy: STEVE CASSEL

Elation: STEWART DUNN

Fantasy: BIG TEX

Fascination: TREVOR BLOCK

Freedom: TODD WHITTMER

Glory: BUTCH

Holiday: TORY SECOY

Imagination: Karl with a K

Inspiration: RISA BARNES

Legend: TINA NOBLE

Liberty: STEVE KNISLEY

Miracle: BRENT MITCHELL

Paradise: SKIP LYONS

Pride: JEFF BRONSON

Sensation: PAUL SANTLEY

Splendor: JEN BAXTER

Spirit: CHRIS ROBERTS

Triumph: RYAN FITZGERALD

Valor: CHRIS JEFFERSON

Victory: MALCOLM BURN

I heard that Risa's last day was Dec 8 on the Inspiration. Any truth to that? If so who is taking her place on the Inspiration? Thanks;)

I believe I read that Risa is coming to the Fantasy when Big Tex leaves after the Blogger's Cruise Feb 7th. So she must be taking her break during the Dec 8 to Feb 7th timeframe.

We just returned from the Freedom's Western Med Tour this past weekend and the CD on board was Noortje Denteneer and not Todd. She was fantastic and I guess filling in for Todd?

She will be going to the Liberty as her next assignment.

I don't know why Todd wasn't there as it wasn't mentioned, but Noortje did a great job and was very visible throughout the whole cruise.

We just returned from the Freedom's Western Med Tour this past weekend and the CD on board was Noortje Denteneer and not Todd. She was fantastic and I guess filling in for Todd?

She will be going to the Liberty as her next assignment.

I don't know why Todd wasn't there as it wasn't mentioned, but Noortje did a great job and was very visible throughout the whole cruise.

I was on Freedom last year, Noortje was asst. CD and did a great job. They really need to give her a full time CD gig.

Archived