Cruise Director List 2008

MrPete

Hi,

I'm sorry I'm not very good at all of this. Last month when I was looking for a cruise we decided to go with the Freedom thinking TODD WHITTMER would be the cruise director in Jan 2009. I now see that has changed but it that temporary? We enjoyed him so much on our first cruise and did not like our last cruise director AT ALL. Can someone tell me if they like the Cruise director NOORTJE DENTENEER? Todd was so fun and did lots of stuff off stage with all the cruisers, we were wondering where he was off to now? I'm about to buy tickets so it's decision time and I'm second guessing my pick without Todd.

Thanks so much!!!

Jan

Janene, I am with you.

I will be heading out on the Freedom this Xmas (3 weeks) and I was under the impression that Todd is the official CD and Noortje was an assistant. I had Todd on my Liberty cruise a couple years ago, and I really enjoyed his personality. I haven't heard anything good about Noortje, so I hope it isn't true. Anyone been on the Freedom lately?

I just recently read on on of the current Freedom review threads that Todd was taking a 2 weeks break for the holidays and then will be returning. Another poster said that Lenny Haliday (sp?) will be taking his place while he is off.

When I find the thread I will try and post the link here but it is one of the recent reviews of the Western/Thanksgiving sailings. There is someone posting on the thread who is also currently on board the ship.

Hi,

I'm sorry I'm not very good at all of this. Last month when I was looking for a cruise we decided to go with the Freedom thinking TODD WHITTMER would be the cruise director in Jan 2009. I now see that has changed but it that temporary? We enjoyed him so much on our first cruise and did not like our last cruise director AT ALL. Can someone tell me if they like the Cruise director NOORTJE DENTENEER? Todd was so fun and did lots of stuff off stage with all the cruisers, we were wondering where he was off to now? I'm about to buy tickets so it's decision time and I'm second guessing my pick without Todd.

Thanks so much!!!

Jan

I have only sailed with Noortje once and thought she did a good job. What was the problem?

I have only sailed with Noortje once and thought she did a good job. What was the problem?

I found her "public face" and her "private face" (when she did not know anyone was looking) to be very different. She was snobbish and rude to the crew on one occasion (when she didn't think anyone else could hear).....and caught her mocking a guest behind their back (again when she did not think anyone else could hear). These two actions alone were on Promenade....not a place where she should be showing her true colors...unless she wants folks to discover how fake she is.

I found her "public face" and her "private face" (when she did not know anyone was looking) to be very different. She was snobbish and rude to the crew on one occasion (when she didn't think anyone else could hear).....and caught her mocking a guest behind their back (again when she did not think anyone else could hear). These two actions alone were on Promenade....not a place where she should be showing her true colors...unless she wants folks to discover how fake she is.

I guess that would have changed my opinion too. :)

I would have mentioned that on the commit card. But then is she was one of the ones going through the cards I doubt it would have made it past that point.

Well, after reading many of these "CD" posts and threads, I never envisioned actually chiming in on one. While I thought Malcolm Burn was awesome on Victory a couple of years ago, and Chris Roberts was "OK" last year, I now understand the value of a great CD. We just sailed Fascination out of Jax, and IMO Trevor Block wouldn't even make a good asst. CD. Many aspects of a cruise lay squarely on the shoulders of the CD whether they personally attend to the task or not, and this was the most inept staff that we've experienced. We never saw Trevor out of the main show lounge, and never saw him actually speak to anyone not on the staff. (Not that we followed him all week, lol). Go ahead and get out the flame throwers, but I just thought Trevor was terrible. Maybe he was having a bad week. Don't get me wrong, that didn't in any way ruin our cruise, but it sure didn't add any value either. I also doubt that we'll be concerned who the CD will be when booking our next cruise, which we'll be doing this week.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you. I think Trevor is awesome. He was my CD on my very 1st cruise in 1999 and again on my 15th in August on the Fascination. He is always friendly and keeps pax up to date on happenings all over the ship and other important info. I also saw him as a "pax" on another sailing and had a very nice conversation with him. I respect your opinion and have a great time on your next cruise.

is Tina Noble from Miami, was she the cd on the spirirt out of sandiego in Jan 08?

Tina was the CD when we sailed on Legend this past Sept/Oct. She has a very HEAVY British accent and is very much into country western dancing.

She was very entertaining and visible all week long.

I am not sure where she hails from originally I was surprised to see she left Legend to be CD on Imagination but we all need a change to stay fresh.

My favorite CD so far hands down is Risa Barnes. She is so personable and down to earth and always takes time to talk with guests, she is a true asset to Carnival and I don't understand why she isn't on one of the larger Carnival ships!

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you. I think Trevor is awesome. He was my CD on my very 1st cruise in 1999 and again on my 15th in August on the Fascination. He is always friendly and keeps pax up to date on happenings all over the ship and other important info. I also saw him as a "pax" on another sailing and had a very nice conversation with him. I respect your opinion and have a great time on your next cruise.

I don't doubt for a minute that Trevor is a great guy and all that, but keeping the "pax up to date on happenings" was a huge part of what I was referring to. I just didn't feel like he did a good job on our cruise. He may be on a future cruise of ours and turn out to be the best, but he wasn't a few weeks ago.

Thanks for not "flaming" me, lol. It seems to be getting harder and harder these days to have a civil difference of opinion on the CC boards, lol.

Conquest: WEE JIMMY

Destiny: JEN BAXTER

Ecstasy: STEVE CASSEL

Elation: STEWART DUNN

Fantasy: BIG TEX

Fascination: JACQUES DeLANGE

Freedom: TODD WHITTMER

Glory: BUTCH BEGOVITCH

Holiday: TORY SECOY

Imagination: SKIP LYONS

Inspiration: PHILPE COUTO

Legend: SHAWN BUSSEY

Liberty: STEVE KNISLEY

Miracle: BRENT MITCHELL

Paradise: JEFF BRONSON

Pride: MARK PRICE

Sensation: PAUL SANTLEY

Splendor: GOOSE NEUMANN

Spirit: KIRK BENNING

Triumph: RYAN FITZGERALD

Valor: CHRIS JEFFERSON

Victory: MALCOLM BURN

So I was looking forward to seeing Jorge on the Destiny next week... Who is Jen Baxter? Is she funny? :-)

We sailed with Jen on the Legend in May. She is an "acting CD" (you have to be an "acting CD" for a year before they will make you a "full fledged" CD...kinda like an Intern program.

Anyway, she and Bonnie (ACD) were a lot of fun. Jen was very visible...

(always in the piano bar every night). The programs ran smoothly....

I never saw her on stage...since I am always in karaoke....but she did run the BEST VIP Self Assist Debarkation we have ever experienced.

Out of the 8 cruises we have done this year alone...it was the only one run PERFECTLY!!!!

Wow, you are going to be so lucky on the Bloggers Cruise...

Three, count them THREE CD's on board at the same time.

Big Tex will be in his last week while he transitions

to RISA!!! who will also be on board.

and of course John Heald will be there...

I am so excited that Risa is coming to the Fantasy. She is still

my all time fav...

and if she ever says she will see you out and about...

you really WILL see her out and about...

Sure wish I could join you, we still have to sing that duet together...

oh well, cant wait to hear from you how things are, since we will be

on Fantasy on March 2.

As of 12/14 Lenny Holladay will be taking over on the Freedom for two weeks. Anybody know anything about him?

He has been around for YEAAAARRRRRSSSSS..... but I think acts as a "Sub" covering vacations rather than having a ship of his own.

I sailed with him on the Legend a few years back.... and did a rendition of the Bedtime Story, which, in my opinion made me realize how awesome John Heald really was!! ;)

Very Personalbe guy - did a great job - but nothing special or memorable.

Catrin

Wow, you are going to be so lucky on the Bloggers Cruise...

Three, count them THREE CD's on board at the same time.

Big Tex will be in his last week while he transitions

to RISA!!! who will also be on board.

and of course John Heald will be there...

I am so excited that Risa is coming to the Fantasy. She is still

my all time fav...

and if she ever says she will see you out and about...

you really WILL see her out and about...

on Fantasy on March 2.

We sailed with Risa years ago and she totally ROCKED!!!!!!

I know I have told this story 1,000 times but the Reader's Digest Condensed Version is that she assisted a passenger with CP and his wife back to their interior cabin on Main from a day in port. She did not delegate it...she did it herself. They did not even know she was the CD. They thought she was just a very kind passenger who had helped them.

on Fantasy on March 2.

One day we will do this!!!!!!

Conquest: WEE JIMMY

Destiny: JEN BAXTER

Ecstasy: STEVE CASSEL

Elation: STEWART DUNN

Fantasy: BIG TEX

Fascination: JACQUES DeLANGE

Freedom: LENNY HALLIDAY

Glory: BUTCH BEGOVITCH

Holiday: TORY SECOY