Beaches

ortho_rn63

We just back from the Emerald and in Antigua we took a cab for $ 8.00 each to Darkwood and arranged with the cab driver when to pick us up.

We arrived at 9:00 A.M. and had the entire beach to ourselves. By noon there was about a dozen people on the beach, and this is a long beach, so if you want to get away from the crowds this is the beach.

The sand is soft and none of our group had water shoes and didn't see the need for them.

The shack where they drop you off offers chairs for rent for $ 5.00 and have a variety of food and drink available.

The snorkelling was not the greatest but we brought some boxed cereal from the ship and were surrounded by fish in a matter of minutes.

I would highly recommend Darkwood beach.

Do you know location of Darkwood to Nelson's Dockyard? I want to show my kids some history, but also stop at beach for remainder of day.;)

is it pretty reliable to arrange for a taxi to pick you up later? i just worry about getting back to the ship.

thanks

Very Reliable - either ask the driver that drove you there when you want to be picked up or speak to Mrs. George, the lovely lady behind the bar at Darkwood Beach to call a cab for you.

Archived