Silly Question for Dining ~ SUN

mystic51

Just curious whether or not it is possible to go to any of the specialty restaurants and just order salad, soup and dessert? If so what would the cost be..... or can you just stop in late for dessert/coffee?... I know this is rather silly, but many times that's all we'd like for dinner and the soups, salads, desserts all sound better than in the main dining rooms..

On the Dawn, a member of our party was allowed to just have salad, appetizer and dessert. From what I understand, you are only charged if you order an entree.

Of course, you are talking a specialty restaurant and without a reservation, you may not be able to get in.

Why bother to make reservations for a speciality restaurant if you aren't eating the meat entree? The vegetables are just as good at the main dining rooms. There is a great salad bar at the buffet. You are only denying someone else a wonderful entree...........

Just curious whether or not it is possible to go to any of the specialty restaurants and just order salad, soup and dessert? If so what would the cost be..... or can you just stop in late for dessert/coffee?... I know this is rather silly, but many times that's all we'd like for dinner and the soups, salads, desserts all sound better than in the main dining rooms..

I did that in one of the "free" specialty restaurants on the Pearl. I don't know about the ones that charge a surcharge, though.

weird that i've never seen a thread about this before and now today there is 2. i personally think that the pay restaurants are meant for people who are willing to pay. if you really want an app or soup or dessert from a specialty, slip your dining room waiter a $5 and ask them to go get it for you.

that being said, who knows, i may be wrong and it could be perfectly ok with NCL. just tip the waiter!

Archived