Wet n Wild is the BEST!! Read why. . .

cruisinhs

We went with Marvin several months ago on our Elation cruise and he is the best. We, too, were skeptical about booking on our own, especially in a tender port, but Marvin got us back with at least an hour to spare. We, too, have emailed several times. The Elation cruise was the first that we didn't book any excursion off the ship but did it all on our own. We saved over $100 across the 3 ports.

One thing to remember in Belize is that it is a tender port and most crusie lines will fill the tenders with ship excursions first and only then will they allow non-excursion guests to tender. So, be the first in line for tender tickets to ensure that you will make it to Marvin on time. He will wait, but he is under a timeframe as well.

On our Galaxy cruise, the end of Oct., we will probably miss Grand Cayman. I hope that they substitute Belize instead. I have already emailed Marvin and he said to email him from the ship as soon as we find out and we will be set. You can't ask for better service than that.

rjinkins, it hard to advise on tenders because I think those who were asking were from other cruiselines. I also was on the Elation and knew what to tell them if they were on that ship, but don't want to speculate on the others. We did two out of the three ports on our own. We went to Dzibilchaltun in Progresso and it was a fairly cheap excursion (comparatibly)sp?

cruisinhs,

We have tendered into Belize on both Carnival and Royal Caribbean. The drill is the same. They will fill their excursions firstand then it is first come first served. On Elation, we got onthe first tender and were there with plenty of time to spare. OUt group took one whole van, so we didn't have to wait for straglers.

That's great! On our excursion, we were the only ones from Elation, others were RCL. I guess I assumed they had a different procedure because they were sitting there waiting on us and we were able to get onto the first non-carnival excursion tender available. The other people on the tour were impatient with us and I told them we were the first ones off. They were lucky! Once we were on our way all the initial stress they had seemed to melt away, but how could it not!?! What an interesting place with soooooo much to offer!

We missed going to Belize last week on the Explorer because of Hurricane Jeanne. I had my daughter e-mail Marvin to let him know we would not be coming. I was so sad :( . Anyway, Marvin said no problem and our deposit was refunded before I even got home! That's good service! I look forward to using Wet N Wild for a cave tubing excursion someday when we FINALLY get to Belize. Thanks, Marvin!

My mouth is watering just thinking about it! Okay, it's chicken (VERY delicious!), a coleslaw type salad (however, it wasn't sweet like most coleslaw I have tasted in the states) and black beans and rice. We were told by our guide that it is a traditional Belizian meal and I was glad to see that they have great taste! Also, you get a 20 oz. soda (also included). I rarely drink soda, but there something about being on a cruise ship where it costs an arm and a leg to get one, when it's offered for no additional charge, I jumped on it!:) If you email Marvin, he is really great about getting back to you. And just like the previous poster said, what's great about him is that he doesn't keep your deposit if something happens and you can't make it.

All - your postings have been very helpful...thanks. We cruise on Elation next week and are currently researching our trip. I have a infant, 3 yr and 13 yr old that I am trying to plan something with. Looks like the ruins and the trip to Merida may be our best bet. Any thoughts are welcome.

Mike

Frosting Master,

I know you will have a blast! When I heard that ships had been canceling their stop in Belize due to hurricanes, I wrote Marvin. He said that they haven't had any hurricane weather and that he didn't understand why the ships had been cancelling. I'm assuming it REALLY hurts their business when this happens.

Frosting Master, I don't think you have anything to worry about with Marvin based on the hundreds of independent positive reviews posted on these message boards ... :) On the other hand, if you were booked with *****, I'd be worried. Any tour operator who has to resort to these kinds of shameless self promotion cannot be worth much.... :eek:

wishkc

TO answer your question about the water temp. It is cool but not cold. We have tubed in the Guadalupe in South Texas and that water is cold. It will take your breath away when you jump in. Not so with the river in Belize.

In response to the posts by fourcouple about Marvin, I too am a little suspect. fourcouple has only made 8 posts and they were all today and all against Marvin. For one thing, you can't get over 20 people into a 15 passenger van. Another thing, Marvin may have to wait on other customers. Belize is, however, a tender port and not all ships get there at the same tiem and most of them will fill tenders with ship excursions first. If fourcouple had been left behind because he (she) couldn't make the tender, he (she) would have been ticked off about that. As Marvin builds his business and reputation, he will not be able to take all the tours personally. I have no problem with that as long as the service doesn't suffer. Of course, I know that anyone can have a bad day and Marvin can too. Its just that my experience with him is 180 degrees from what was posted, as are the vast majority of the posts from other satisfied customers.

We just returned from the EOS and our cave tubing excursion in Belize was one of the major highlights of our trip. There was a group of 12 of us from CC and a few others from the ship that took this excursion. We had a wonderful time.

The water was crystal clear a little cool but very nice. The views inside of the caves were breathtaking. We laughed so much we really had a ball. My only advice would be to watch your time and make sure that you communicate with your tour guide exactly what time you have to be back on the ship.

I've been away about four days and was excited to see that discussion has continued on this thread! I agree with those of you who questioned fourcouple's post. We all have bad days, but that doesn't sound anything like the hundreds of positive posts I've read. Thank you, Raytownlady, for your new post on your trip with Marvin. I really do recommend him without hesitation.

I've been away about four days and was excited to see that discussion has continued on this thread! I agree with those of you who questioned fourcouple's post. We all have bad days, but that doesn't sound anything like the hundreds of positive posts I've read. Thank you, Raytownlady, for your new post on your trip with Marvin. I really do recommend him without hesitation.

It's amazing how much the typing looks like a few other posts on this board from different screen names (also brand new), as far as style and grammar and such. Certainly makes me think twice about those other companies that are being "raved" about. I e-mailed Wet and Wild today!

The grammer is hard to disquise! I guess to make a really informed decision, you can't really take one review as gospel. Before we made our choice to go with Wet n Wild, we read LOTS AND LOTS of reviews. I really appreciate the reviews and hope that (honest) people continue to post their opinions on different excursions, etc.

i tried to book with marvin last week and it would not go thru. i sent an e-mail and still no response. i am still very interested and was going to try again this weekend until i saw raytownlady's response.

how often did you have to remind the driver about the time? when did you get to the deck? how many tenders were left? i must admit, this is my big fear. especially on a tender port.

thanks.

On our trip, we got back with about an hour to spare. We told him what time we needed to be back up front and he saw to it. I know that there is always a fear of missing the ship, especially in a tender port. Last year in Grand Cayman, we had bus trouble and were late getting back, but that was on a ship excursion. We were on the last tender back to the ship.

We told our driver once, when we were preparing to leave on the excursion. We were on Carnival and the others were on Royal, so we all told what time we had to be back and that was all there was to it! We were back with a little over an hour to spare. We got a good hour of shopping and we also checked our email at an internet cafe place that is about 50 feet from where you get in line to catch the tender back. Our last tender was to leave dock at 4:15 and we were back at the dock by 3. I hope this helps!

I decided to come on the forum to openly ask "fourcouples" to answer a few questions, as Belizean my self, I know the every day English we use here and I say that because the grammar is exactly that, so under what name did you booked your tour, which ship were you on and who was your guide? before I continue I must say that, because of you my valued customers and members of this cruisecritic boards, my business has been succesfull, thank you, thank you, thank you. This could have never happened if the service I offer is only what "fourcouples"/***** got!

Marvin Deras

Archived