Wet n Wild is the BEST!! Read why. . .

cruisinhs

What time do you have to meet Marvin at the pier? Belize is 1 hour behind ship's time, correct? So if you have to meet at 9;00 a.m., it's actually 10:00 a.m.? What about deposit, payment, etc. There is a deposit - how much and how can you pay at the pier?? Cash, travelers checks, etc? No need for any cash during the tour, correct?

Our group will be on the Coral Princess on April 7, 2005 and we have made a reservation with Marvin. The Coral is in port from 7 AM - 4 PM, so we plan to make sure the guide knows that our last tender is at 3:30 PM. Like others have stated, I'm sure the guides are not going to let you miss your ship - that would definitely be bad business!

We are really looking forward to this! I might even do the 15ft. jump at the beginning - and I'm afraid of heights!

Thanks for all the great info. on this thread - I can't wait!!!

We are looking at cave tubing on our cruise in May and like others think 93pp is to much since there are 4 ot us. info on Wet and Wild would be great, as Ive started searching for some independant tours.[quote name='cruisinhs']Just wanted to put this up again for those of you researching cave tubing. You couldn't ask for a better experience than you will get with Marvin at Wet n Wild.[/QUOTE]

You can start by checking out their website: ecotoursbelize.com. I believe the deposit is $12 per person. We did this with our credit card on their website. However, they didn't actually charge our card until arrived for our tour. You can pay with cash or credit card for sure, not sure about traveler's checks, but you can email Marvin directly from the website and he will give you details. I just really took comfort in the hands on way Marvin runs his business. You can email him directly as many times as you need to and he will personally email you back. He met us at the pier, etc. After they meet you at the pier, they have a little building that you go to where you meet up with your guide, the others in your group and pay the rest of your tour fee. It's located in a little open market area. You do not need cash at all for the trip except if you want to tip your guide. The meal/beverage is included. Also, if you don't bring appropriate shoes with you they rent them for $3 at the river. You leave all your stuff in the van and it is locked. I'm not sure if I answered all your questions, but I'd happily answer any other questions you may have.

You might want to ask Marvin directly. I know that he had a receipt that he had printed out that day and asked us to sign for the deposit we had put down a month prior. From what he explained to me, it was like holding a hotel room with a credit card. As long as you give notice that you won't make it, you won't be charged. It just ensures that you are serious about showing up if they hold a spot for you.

Cruisinhs, thank you for the information on the cave tubing. My wife and I are sailing on the Legend of the Seas in Nov. 2005. We are going to book this tour. Last year we did the Eastern Carib for our first cruise on the Serenade and in Aruba did Eli's Eco Tour and had a grand time.

That's strange, I wonder if their policy has changed. I could see them putting a hold on the amount of the deposit to make sure that the money was available, but I didn't sign the credit card slip until the day we arrived at the tour. Hmmmmmmmm! Maybe if Marvin is out there he can clear up the quesiton.

What is the situation with ship time and local time? Will be on the Glory in early pril - information says we're in port from 8-5 but to keep your watches on ship's time and that the last tender is at 4:15 p.m.. Isn't Belize in Central time - an hour ahead? Marvin's website says starting at 9 so wouldn't that be 10 ship time?

Anyone who has been on the Glory or Carnival, please let me know.

Thanks!

Okay, I did a little research because we were on the Carnival Elation and departed on Central time, so I didn't want to tell you wrong. From what I have found, you will be departing from the Orlando area. Belize is on Central time, so if you are instructed to keep your watches with the ship time, then your watches will be an hour ahead of Belize. If the tour starts at 9 am. Belize time then, yes, it would be 10 ship time. The more important thing would be to remember that when you are needing to catch the tender back to the ship, it will only be 3:15 Belize time, but 4:15 ship time.

This can get confusing!!! I want to make sure I have my time correct!! Please help me out!

My tour with Wet & Wild says:

Meeting Time : 10:00 am ** LOCAL BELIZE TIMES**SAME AS USA CENTRAL STANDARD TIME ZONE

Excursions Departure Time :10:30am.

I'm on the Legend in Belize 7-4 pm from Ft. Lauderdale. So if I have this right I need to meet, Wet & Wild at 11:00 am ship time??? Which means we have to be back for last tender at 3:30 ship time which is 2:30 Belize time???? So that's only 4 1/2 hours total for a 5 hour tour, or am I confusing myself?????

Help!!! I sure need it. LOL

Thanks

That sounds right to me...I looked on the Wet and Wild website and it says that tours depart at 9:00 which would be 10:00 a.m. ship's time from the east coast. If it's 10:00 a.m. local time, it would be too close and I'd be worried! I'd e-mail Marvin today!

Oops...just realized I said it the wrong way!! If you leave at 10:00 a.m. local time, that's 9:00 ships time (leaving from the east coast). If you leave at 10:30 for a 5 hour tour that will get you back at 3:30 local time, which is 2:30 p.m. ship's time. Does that make sense??

I have a question for anyone that has done the tubing tour with Marvin. My mom is a very active 72 year old and is considering doing this. Is the walk to the river very tough? She is also small, about 5'2" and as I understand it, we carry our own tubes. Is that something she could handle? Thanks in advance for any advice!

[quote name='gail811']I have a question for anyone that has done the tubing tour with Marvin. My mom is a very active 72 year old and is considering doing this. Is the walk to the river very tough? She is also small, about 5'2" and as I understand it, we carry our own tubes. Is that something she could handle? Thanks in advance for any advice![/QUOTE]

The walk is about a 30 - 45 minute trek on uneven terrain, up and down some hills and a short wade across the narrow part of the river. My wife is 5'4" and I carried her tube for her. If she is "very active" and in reasonably good shape, she should be able to make it especially if someone carries her tube, at least part of the way.

I think she would be fine. However, when you make your reservation, I would tell Marvin the situation so that they can have someone extra on hand if needed. I have seen them use an extra guide if there is someone who needs extra help. The tubes aren't heavy, just a little awkward.

Anyone who has done cave tubing with Wet & Wild, do their vans or buses have any kind of speaker system to hear what the guide is telling you while you are travelling, or do you just have to try to get near the front if you want to hear?

Thanks!

When we went, there were only 8 of us and we were in a 15 passenger van. I'm sure the couple in the back seat probably couldn't hear very well, but there was room for them to move up if they wanted to. The rest of us could hear fine. I don't think they take anything larger than the 15 passenger vans.

Archived