Sapphire Princess

coffee39

Doesn't anyone cruise on the Sapphire Princess? We booked our first cruise/tour to Alaska for the end of June and I have been looking for reviews to see what people think of the ship but can't find much information or reviews about the Sapphire.

We cruised the Sapphire last summer to Alaska and loved th ship. Our favorite spot was the bar in the aft of the ship. You are surrounded by glass and get the best views -- plus it's easy to get outside from there, if there's something you want to see closer. You'll LOVE it.

In October 2006 we cruised on the Sapphire for 16 nights --China/Far East.

In April we'll be on the Sapphire Princess again--this time for 31 nights--Sydney to Los Angeles.

A large but wonderful ship.

Ellis

We sailed to Alaska last May on the Sapphire. We also rented a car in Anchorage and spend a week doing our own independent tour.

The Sapphire Princess was a great ship and we enjoyed everything on her. But the cruising Alaska is much different from cruising to the Caribbean. the experience is much more about the destination than the cruise ship. You'll understand when you cruise there.

One piece of advice I will give you is to spend as much time as you can on the Alaska port of call board. It was amazing to me the amount of the people on the ship that were totally unprepared for the Alaska experience.

We were so enthralled with Alaska, it motivated me to write a review almost 70 pages long. I was a celebrity for a few weeks :rolleyes: as my posting had just about 20,000 hits.

Here's the review in it's entirety if you find the time to get through it...

Larry

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=30808

Archived