Has anybody used Woody from off the beaten trail?

Andiann

For a private tour you can't go wrong with Woody. He'll take you wherever you want, or if you leave it up to him he'll take you to spots no other tour company can with his Land Rover.

He's very professional, knows alot about his native country, supplies you with plenty of fruit, snacks and beverages for your day. If you want to get away from the crowds, stay clear of large overloaded vans and enjoy the 'off the beaten trails' definitely go with Woody

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were just on a tour with Woody in December. His tour was one of the best excursions we've ever done and we've been on many cruises! It was GREAT!!! I can't say enough about Woody. He's very nice, very professional, very informative, etc. We gave him an idea of the sites we wanted to see on the island and he created an entire day of touring for us and we saw everything we wanted to see and more!!!! Plenty of drinks, snacks, etc. You can't go wrong.

As a matter of fact, the next time we're on Dominica, we're going to plan another day with him.

Go for it!!!!!!!!!!

Cruisinkat

We just used Woody last week and I have to say it was one of the best land tours we have ever done. He is such a knowledgeable person and he's pleasant to look at as well. We felt safe at all times and saw so much of the island and visited a secluded beach that was to die for. You can't go wrong with Woody.

• 1 month later...

Our tour with Woody (end of April 08) was the best tour of our trip. He took us to 2 waterfalls, one to look at, one to swim under. We were the only people there ! He took us to a secluded beach, it was soooo beautiful. There was one 1 other cople on the beach. We had lunch with pineapple, coconutbread and RUMpunch. No beachchairs, no tourists, my kids played with coconuts for an hour. It was like being in another world. He shows you a lot in 1 day and the trip is still relaxing. You can email me for pictures papilon@setarnet.aw

• 3 weeks later...
Our tour with Woody (end of April 08) was the best tour of our trip. He took us to 2 waterfalls, one to look at, one to swim under. We were the only people there ! He took us to a secluded beach, it was soooo beautiful. There was one 1 other cople on the beach. We had lunch with pineapple, coconutbread and RUMpunch. No beachchairs, no tourists, my kids played with coconuts for an hour. It was like being in another world. He shows you a lot in 1 day and the trip is still relaxing. You can email me for pictures papilon@setarnet.aw

We are booked with Woody on June 10. From your report I know we will have a great time.

in December. Hedocple, we'd love to hear about your day with him when you get back. Also, you should check out Arubamama's pictures (if you already haven't), they are really cool.

We'll be sure to let you know how it goes. And take plenty of pics as well to add to our webshots album (link below).

• 2 weeks later...

DH and I booked Woody for June 10. It was well worth the money. He met us at the port with a sign and then transported us all over the island. We had such a great time. We went swimming on a beautiful secluded beach that only a 4x4 could have gotten to. Woody supplied us with fresh fruit, rum punch and snacks. He is very knowledgeable about the island. And yes he is great to look at. We let Woody take us to places of his choosing and saw many untouched areas of the island. It was one of the highlights of our cruise. We would do the tour again in a heartbeat:)

The recent posts have us even more eagerly anticipating our day with Woody, too bad we have to wait until December. Thanks for the excellent pictures Hedocple. I noticed that you also went to St Lucia and Barbados, and was wondering who you used on those islands.

The recent posts have us even more eagerly anticipating our day with Woody, too bad we have to wait until December. Thanks for the excellent pictures Hedocple. I noticed that you also went to St Lucia and Barbados, and was wondering who you used on those islands.

Thanks! You made a wonderful choice in going with Woody. In Barbados we went on our own to Payne's Bay just in front of the Blue Monkey bar. Snorkeled out on our own from the beach. Only saw two turtles. In St. Lucia we walked the port area, relaxed on the ship, and took a taxi a short drive to a wonderful viewing point. Will be adding more photos very soon.

Archived