Anything You Ever Needed to Know About Carnival FREEDOM

kiffrig

I've heard that Todd is a great cruise director. He won't be on the Freedom when I sail though. John Heald will be the CD for my cruise and the Freedom cruises until August. I can't wait to board her! 18 more days to go!

Is John Heald the CD for the June 28th sailing also?? I love him!!!

• 10 months later...

After my cruise last June, Freedom is my new favorite ship - for me it's a cut above other ships I've sailed in food and service and entertainment. I had such a good time I'm saileing her again in November on the Eastern itinerary....

So I thought I'd see if we could revive this board, we can swap questions or stories about this ship.

We just got off the freedom early April and absolutely loved it. There seems to be some reviews out there where people weren't real pleased but we loved it. The food was very good. The service was excellent, especially in the MDR. The buffet lines were fairly long and it was busy but that's to be expected. We ate breakfast in the mdr and it was great. We're thinking about doing the same cruise next February. The entertainment also was good.

We'll be sailing the Freedom in August....The only draw back at this point is the wait and it's only for 6 days....We have been to all the port of calls before - so, we're trying to think of what we could do for the excursions. Only one of us has never been, so do we try new things?

We just got off the freedom early April and absolutely loved it. There seems to be some reviews out there where people weren't real pleased but we loved it. The food was very good. The service was excellent, especially in the MDR. The buffet lines were fairly long and it was busy but that's to be expected. We ate breakfast in the mdr and it was great. We're thinking about doing the same cruise next February. The entertainment also was good.

Can you tell me a little more about the entertainment, please? This is the one area I am still confused about. I have sailed on Princess and I like the big Broadway style musicals and plays. Usually 2 per cruise.

Is the only big production entertainment on Freedom the Beatles tribute? And is that just 4 guys singing or is it a full production show?

Thanks!!

we sailed the Freedom last November for the 6 day route... I have to say the food in the dining room on that cruise was as good as any other of the 20 ships (7 lines) we have sailed on, if not better. The presentation and quality was A-1. The other 3 couples we were with, who have all cruised several times, agreed. The wait staff was excellent too. Usually the food on Carnival good but nothing great. This ship was far above anything on the other 6 or 7 Carnival ships we have sailed over the years.

As for entertainment, we have always told other people that Carnival had the best entertainment on the seas.... but we all were disapointed. The 2 production shows were excellent but the comedy, etc left a lot to be desired....

That all said, I would sail her again anytime it fix our schedule.

We aren't sailing on Freedom until January. Seems like it is taking forever. Does anyone know if the Freedom has the pasta bar or the burrito bar that I've read some of the other ships have?

Also, has anyone been in the library? Someone told us there is a faux fireplace in the library that looks pretty nice.

Can you tell me a little more about the entertainment, please? This is the one area I am still confused about. I have sailed on Princess and I like the big Broadway style musicals and plays. Usually 2 per cruise.

Is the only big production entertainment on Freedom the Beatles tribute? And is that just 4 guys singing or is it a full production show?

Thanks!!

We took the 6 day itinerary back in November.

There were two production shows, The Big Easy, a New Orleans review, and Ticket To Ride, a review on Beatles songs. Both shows were full production shows with the lead male and female singers, the dancers and the Freedom Band. If this is you cup of tea, you won't be disappointed.

The rest of the shows were the passenger talent contest, a comedian, and the Welcome Aboard show featuring all the performers throughout the ship.

Wow, glad to see that Freedom has her fans!! :)

Thanks!!

My 8-day was one of the Swine Flu Specials - Belize substituted for Cozumel because of the flu scare. We got 3 production shows - Big Easy (N'Awlins), Jump Jive & Wail (big band, sorta), and Ticket to Ride (Beatles). I enjoyed them all - energetic, enthusiastic performers. good costumes and effects. And the Beatles show is a real productions show - hint: get there early for the "pre-show." That said, I think it's a good question why almost none of the music in any show was written after 1970. Come on, Carnival, Prince and Madonna have been around for 30 years, they have fans who are 60+ years old (and have $ to spend on cruises), could we please move boldly into the 1980s at least?

We aren't sailing on Freedom until January. Seems like it is taking forever. Does anyone know if the Freedom has the pasta bar or the burrito bar that I've read some of the other ships have?

Also, has anyone been in the library? Someone told us there is a faux fireplace in the library that looks pretty nice.

They had the burrito bar, but it was fish & chips upstairs, not the pasta bar.

The fireplace, I think, was not in the library, but in another lounge where Todd & James did their morning TV show. If the deck plan is correct, that lounge is now gone, replaced by a room for Circle C. :( Too bad as it was one of the few rooms onboard that you could count on to be quiet, you could escape the hubbub for a while without going back to your cabin.

Archived