First timer in St Lucia Question

Burghboy76

I have never been to St. Lucia before but will be there in march. I love to spend lots of time at the beach and was wondering if there are any beaches like Orient Beach in St. Maarten? A beach that has lots of different food vendors or restaurants with local cuisine and or beach bars.

I spent 10 days in St. Lucia on honeymoon in Sep 2006. Haven't been to St. Marteen, either, so can't compare it. In any case, we hired a car and did a lot of exploring on our own. St. Lucia is amazingly beautiful and undeveloped, most beaches we went to didn't have much around them. Our resort (Ti Kaye) had a snack bar it was at Anse Cachon. It's at a resort, but it's a public beach. Have fun!

Here's a pretty good site with beaches in St. Lucia. Looks like the nearest one to Castries (if recollection serves me right, where ships dock), is Choc Beach. I didn't go there personally, so can't personally vouch for it. This link has a good synopsis.

http://www.10best.com/St._Lucia/Sights_&_Activities/Beaches/index.html

We went to Rodney...Reduit. Very nice...restaurants rentals, but not a lot of vendors on the beach. We had been to the ziplines and then had Frank take us there. Very quiet...but we were the only ship in port that day. It is not nearly the size of Orient...we have been to Bikini Beach right beside of it.

Archived