Booking Tulum

dudepigeon

we will be on rccl for our trip and docking at cozumel and want to do tulum. what is the best way to book it - cruise line or a 3rd party? if 3rd party, which one(s) is/are recommended? we are the more indpenedent types..

we will be using a 3rd party in belize, so i am open to the idea. just need some recommendations!

thanks

we wanted to do tulum as well, but opted out of it. reason being....Too long of a day. Remember this, if you book third party and they are late, i.e. flat tire, then the ship sails and you catch a flight. If you book with the cruise line and that transport has a flat, then they call the cruise and they wait for you. With an excursion that long and that far away, I wouldn't risk it. That's the main reason we opted out. We are doing the Race Fantastique through Carnival instead. it's only a 5 hour thing, which leaves us time to do a little shopping....can you say tequila!

I would recommend against booking independently.. Only because the tour is so long and you have to take a ferry to the mainland then a bus to the site.. If something happened to the independent ferries or busses.. you would be responsible for catching up to the ship on your own.. If something happened with a Ship sponsored tour you would be taken care of.

Archived