Castaway Sail vs. Christmas Cove on Carnival

Annie3131

Hello cruisers :o)

We are going to be in St. Thomas at the end of March on Carnival Liberty. I'm trying to decide between two excursions. The Castaway Barefoot Sail & Snorkel and the Christmas Cove Sailing and Snorkel adventure. Could anyone who has done either of these comment?

Thanks in advance for any information you have.

Annie

I did the Castaway Sail in 2006. The crew was young and laid-back, and it was a nice trip out to Buck Island. I totally chickened out of the snorkeling and stayed on the boat with the captain, getting an early jump on the rum punch party, but my friend who did it really enjoyed it. They swam out over an old wreck and saw lots of fish and rays and the like. Then on the way back the party started in earnest and everyone had a really good time. I was in St. Thomas again last month (did the ocean racing -awesome) and caught sight of the Castaway Girl, the ship that does the Castaway Sail. From a distance, it looked like at least two of the three crew members were the same, so I imagine not much has changed.

we did the above tour while on Radiance in March of 07 aboard the "Bones"

pirate ship complete with tattoos rum punch ect. the tour was not totally as advertised and their web site has not been updated for long time Bonesusvi.com i would not recommend this tour don't know if this is the same as what you are looking at?

CapnC

Archived