A bad room at the Vancouver Pan Pacific?

Is there such a thing as a bad room at the Vancouver Pan Pacific? I've read lots of great reviews on this site (which have been very helpful!) and on trip advisor, but can't really stomach the $400+ rates on their website.

I'm considering one of Princess' "Extend Your Stay" options in Vancouver. The offer is for $189 per person for the 1st night and $139 each additional night. There will be two of us for two nights, so it averages out to: $328/night.

The problem is that you can't request a specific room. We'd most likely end up with the "lower end" city view standard room (but the descriptions of the mountainview rooms sold me on the hotel). The same room would cost $469/night if I reserved on my own with a AAA discount.

So, the question is: Is it worth staying in whatever room they give us just to be able to stay at the Pan Pacific for a rate of $328?

I do not think (IMO) that there is a bad room at the Pan Pacific. I have stayed there myself and love the hotel even thu I am a local.

Treat yourself it is worth it. And to board the ship all you have to do is ride the elevator down to the cruise ship level. The hotel staff will even deliver your luggage to the ship for you.

As to location it is great you are only 1 block from Gas Town and are next door to t he Sea Bus terminal. Lots of shopping within a couple of block radius and do enjoy a meal in th e revolving restaurant on top of the Harbor Centre it is only a 1/2 block from your hotel. check out t he tower at http://www.vancouverlookout.com

If you want more ideas on things to do and see in VAncouver just ask.

I really don't think there is a bad room at the Pan Pacific either. Three sides of the hotel have some sort of water view so the worst you could do is to overlook the street and the city of Vancouver. When you take into account all of the other advantages of staying there even a city view wouldn't be bad.

I do think you can do better than $328 per night though if you are willing to be patient and watch for the specials as you get closer to your cruise date. Last summer they ran a $149/night special during the height of cruise season. We stayed there for $182/night in late September (through Hotwire). You have to watch carefully though because those offers don't last long. Good luck.

I really don't think there is a bad room at the Pan Pacific either. Three sides of the hotel have some sort of water view so the worst you could do is to overlook the street and the city of Vancouver. When you take into account all of the other advantages of staying there even a city view wouldn't be bad.

I do think you can do better than $328 per night though if you are willing to be patient and watch for the specials as you get closer to your cruise date. Last summer they ran a $149/night special during the height of cruise season. We stayed there for $182/night in late September (through Hotwire). You have to watch carefully though because those offers don't last long. Good luck.

Hmmm, maybe the way to do it is to book through the cruise line and watch the prices are you get closer. You can probably cancel the cruise line booking if needed.

Marilee

Archived