Is smoking allowed in the cabins?

kiraryker

Please dont flame...they do not allow candle and irons but you can smoke in the cabins??:eek:

I understand that people forget to turn off the iron and candles can be hazardous but people can and do fall asleep when smoking sometimes, especially if they have been drinking..

Again..I do not want to offend any smokers and I realize that most do not fall sleep but it does happen...

It doesn't offend me:) ..........I think smoking in your cabin is gross, i don't smoke in my house or cabin.

Please dont flame...they do not allow candle and irons but you can smoke in the cabins??:eek:

I understand that people forget to turn off the iron and candles can be hazardous but people can and do fall asleep when smoking sometimes, especially if they have been drinking..

Again..I do not want to offend any smokers and I realize that most do not fall sleep but it does happen...

No flames here. I totally agree.

It is really dumb, if one thing is too dangerous, they all should be too dangerous. I had to laugh the last time we on a plane - they had just decided it was okay to bring disposable lighters on airplanes again (so people were going back to the table and grabbing any lighter they could find) - the reason for the change was because of the labor it took to fish them out of checked luggage when seen on x-ray. So now, you can fill up 3 oz. bottles of practically anything you want or bring a 3 oz. can of spray, put it in a ziplock, put your lighter in your pocket and have at it, BUT your shoes might be full of plastic explosives.

I suspect that allowing smoking in cabins is good for business and worth the cleanup time. There are less and less people smoking now so I imagine it'll slowly not be too much of an issue for anyone, but this whole thread shocked me because I've never heard of non-smokers saying that their room was okay if it had been used for smoking with the previous guest. I know non-smokers that complain if they see someone smoking in a car next to them at a stoplight!

Your problem will be IF you follow a chain smoker's cabin you will smell it because it will only be a few hours old when you arrive. Like one poster said they don't rip out the carpets, ceilings, walls,bed covers every week. Smoke absorbs into these things and the more of it done in that roomthe more it will still be there when you get there. Can't change those facts.

Now I know all about this "miracle spray" they have that covers it up but it won't cover up a previous chain smoker. If it did Carnival would not have to be in the cruise business they would be marketing this stuff by the millions.

What they need to invent is a pill you swallow that temporary blocks your ability to smell second hand smoke. Now if you do get a cabin that does have a heavy burn smell you can ask for a redo of the miracle spray and if that don't get it ask to be moved. They always keep extra cabins avaliable for these type of emergencies although you will problem have to carry your husband down to the head supervisor and cough all over them to get moved.

In the Capers where it list the smoking areas on the ship, it does not mention that smoking is allowed in your cabin or on your balcony. I have never seen ashtrays in the cabins or on the balconies. Where is it written that smoking is allowed in the cabins and on the balconies. I have often wondered about this.
That is smoking in public spaces. All cabins are smoking and so are balconies.

If ever a question comes up that you or any of us don't know the answer to.....The best place to look is on Carnival Cruiselines home page. At the bottom of that page is an area named "FAQs"....Everything from S&S accounts to attire to smoking and so on and so on......

Hope this helps.;)

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Almost all fires on ships have been either electrical or started in the kitchen. And there have been several fires on cruise ships.One started from the life vest. Only one has possibly been due to a cig. and they can not positively state that it was in fact due to a cig.

I'm a smoker and I never smoked in my cabin. It was so easy to step out on the balcony, why bother? I even bought special ashtrays so my ashes and butts wouldn't fly around. Of course I also have special little containers in my purse so I never have to toss a butt on the ground. My husband (an ex-smoker) says I am the weirdest smoker he has ever known. I think I'm just trying to be courteous.

I'll say this though...I visited friends who were in an inside cabin who did smoke in there, like fiends, and I couldn't smell a thing. It wasn't even smokey.

The product referred to earlier is sold at Walmart in the Automotive section in a 3.5 oz can. Under the name Ozium. (Glycol-ized Air Sanitizer) I have carried it in my checked luggage for years and it is a hit and miss with TSA... They seem to confiscate it about every fifth trip...lol..Although they did at local airport one time and the airport Manager said that product is not illegal to carry in checked luggage, and when I returned from trip through same airport they had it behind counter for me.It works great...:)

I think it's pretty much common knowledge that smokers "can't smell a thing" so you are no exception to the rule. I'd like to hear from a non-smoker how that inside cabin smelled to them.

I'm a non smoker and all our years of cruising we never had a problem smelling smoke in our cabins. Until last August on the Elation. Our cabin had a faint smell when we arrived and it got worse everyday. I'm thinking our neighbors must have been smoking in their cabin because it literally smelled like it was coming thru the walls......

I think we have just been lucky before......

I think it's pretty much common knowledge that smokers "can't smell a thing" so you are no exception to the rule. I'd like to hear from a non-smoker how that inside cabin smelled to them.

Hmmm...I can pretty much smell everything.:confused:

I'll second the ozium.

Carnival allows smoking in your cabin and on balconies with ONE exception.

According to a recent Press Release:

"Smoking is not allowed on the 2/2/08 Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean departure. All areas of the ship on this particular sailing are smoke-free.

Smokers who are considering booking the 2/2/08 sailing of the Carnival Glory should take this into consideration, and make plans to book another sailing, or another ship.

This policy was put in place due to the fact the Mr/Mrs Snedecor would be cruising this voyage, and do not like to smell cigarette smoke"

(Grin!)

The product referred to earlier is sold at Walmart in the Automotive section in a 3.5 oz can. Under the name Ozium. (Glycol-ized Air Sanitizer) I have carried it in my checked luggage for years and it is a hit and miss with TSA... They seem to confiscate it about every fifth trip...lol..Although they did at local airport one time and the airport Manager said that product is not illegal to carry in checked luggage, and when I returned from trip through same airport they had it behind counter for me.It works great...:)
Thank you for correcting me. After I thought about I wasn't sure if I gave quite the right name.

I am a smoker and use it at home. I had just run out and didn't have the can. I spray it into the air handler filter in the AC and a 3 to 4 second spray kills the odor in the whole house. Great to carry to hotels and on ships.;)

Thanks - I went and bought a can of it tonight at Walmart, it was $4.67.

I have never heard of this stuff, and it looks like a really innovative product - was developed for hospital bacteria. The other commercial sprays that are supposed to attach to particles and kill odor, etc. are worthless IMO. I can't remember the name of the most popular, but it creates a sticky layer on everything.

I have never heard of this stuff, and it looks like a really innovative product - was developed for hospital bacteria. The other commercial sprays that are supposed to attach to particles and kill odor, etc. are worthless IMO. I can't remember the name of the most popular, but it creates a sticky layer on everything.

Believe it or not I think it was develope by the auto industry to get the smell of stale smoke out of a cars interior.......They have used it for years and you only used to find it in auto parts stores.....

Believe it or not I think it was develope by the auto industry to get the smell of stale smoke out of a cars interior.......They have used it for years and you only used to find it in auto parts stores.....

I believe it - I am anxious to try it out on something stinky. The box says "originally developed to combat airborne bacteria and germs in hospitals and health care facilities."

There is also a website link on the box for their other products:

http://www.auto-expressions.net/AFOziSachGelCan.pdf

I'm going to try to find the citrus scent. They are smaller cans - maybe small enough to go in carry-ons.

This spray is also used by the auto dealers to remove smoke odor and I use it at home. It is called "Ozonite". It can be purchased at some drug chains and I think Walmart. Also at most auto supply store. Autozone and the like........;)

Actually, try looking for "ozium" in the auto supplies section. ;)

I am a smoker and use it at home. I had just run out and didn't have the can. I spray it into the air handler filter in the AC and a 3 to 4 second spray kills the odor in the whole house. ;)

You mean we can all come over to your house, have a smoke out....and no one will ever know??.....Hmmmm sounds like fun;)

I think it's pretty much common knowledge that smokers "can't smell a thing" so you are no exception to the rule.

Nice quip:rolleyes: , but you're wrong. As a matter of fact, I'd bet money that I would smell an odor before you. I do smoke, but your visual of me as a smoker would be far off. In PA, where I live, we still have the choice of smoking or non in many venues. As a rule, I choose non. I routinely frequent non-smoking restaurants and other venues.

I have friends of 10 years or so who just recently realized that I smoke. They've been to my home many times and I've been to theirs many times as well. We've also gone out socially together. I don't try to hide it, I just try to be courteous.

It really is silly of you to generalize, stereotype or assume something about someone you know nothing about. But thanks for playing.:)

Febreze?

Febreze?

I just looked it up - Renuzit Super Odor Neutralizer. It smells good, but it leaves this sticky residue everywhere. Supposedly both this and Febreeze have the same type formula, they're supposed to "cage" the odor, drop it to the ground and have some kind of polymer that binds to hold it trapped (lol)

I used Ozium in my husband's car last night and he said he really noticed a difference this morning, I just wish the original scent was different (but I'm going to an auto shop to find the other scents). I think this stuff is the way to go for anyone who needs to get rid of stale smoke, cooking/bathrooms odors, etc., and with the added safety of it removing bacteria, sounds like the perfect travel companion.

So again, thanks for the info. on this! I never knew it existed. I think the company needs a better advertising campaign.

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkerccst

In the Capers where it list the smoking areas on the ship, it does not mention that smoking is allowed in your cabin or on your balcony. I have never seen ashtrays in the cabins or on the balconies. Where is it written that smoking is allowed in the cabins and on the balconies. I have often wondered about this.

Where is it written that smoking is NOT allowed in the cabins or the balconies...

Archived