Which islands for catamaran excursions?

slthompson

Just a little bit of a background: My husband and I are in our early 40's, are very active, have no children and enjoy our cocktails :D . Snorkeling, eating and drinking on a gorgeous beach with no waves, are important to us. We also enjoy catamaran cruises that are not too drawn out or crowded.

We've been to Hawaii, Australia, the Caribbean, and Mexico. We're together a lot, so we don't need a beach for some "alone" time, but also don't want to be around 20-something year-olds running amok or a lot of little children (please, don't get insulted).

We live on the water and have boats, so we don't like to take long bus rides to a marina to take a catamaran cruise; however, I noticed some leave directly from the cruise pier. Also, we are not big shoppers.

I would love to get opinions on excursions for our upcoming (1/25) Pearl 9-day, S. Caribbean:

Samana: Cayo Levantando (booked)

Tortola: Baths excursion (hate cattle-calls though) or a catamaran cruise or taxi to Cane Garden Bay?

Antigua: Extreme Circumnav boat or Heatwave (like the open bar throughout :p ) catamaran or taxi to Dickenson's beach or anything else??

Barbados: rent a Suzuki Jimmy at the pier and go beach hopping or take the Silvermoon I cruise?

St. Lucia: Catamaran cruise (would like to see the pitons but don't want to drive an hour to get to the boat) or taxi/water taxi to Reduit beach

So, which islands do you think are definitely worth seeing from the water on a catamaran? I thought i should also mention that I get a little afraid when snorkeling in choppy waters. Thank you all, in advance!

we did the cat. sail in st. lucia and it was great, very relaxing and a wonderful view of the pitons, if you click on my photos you will see it.

Depending on how many ships are in port the bath's could be a huge cattle call, we went over to long bay beach instead (cane garden will be crowded too if there are lots of ships)

We did Silver Moon in Barbados last week. Thought it was great. We had 20 people onboard. Very nice service.

Did the zip line excursion in St. Lucia. Would stay away from Reduit. It was crazy busy. Every ship in town was taking people there. I'd go to Pigeon instead. Others did the Cosol island tour and loved it.

When we cruise, we like to stay away from the cruise line's tours. We like more personalized attention and less people.

Have fun!

We have done the catamaran to St. Lucia (as well as in Antigua and some other ports in the Caribbean), and it was the best one yet. The Pitons are very cool to see, and we were also able to go up to the top of one of them on a bus ... so it was a very memorable experience.

I don't think that you can go wrong with any of them, though .. they are all a great time.

Archived