Question regarding refund

AdrieneAGD

Hi everyone -

Before I sit on RCI's customer service line for two hours :p , I thought I'd ask this question here.

We were supposed to be on the Mariner's 9/5 sailing, but after the postponing and moving the port from PC to Miami due to Frances, it became impossible for us to get our entire group down there, so we cancelled. Per our travel agent (and RCI's website), we're supposed to be getting a full refund since the changes were due to a hurricane.

So, here's my question - if I paid for the cruise by check, how would RCI refund our money? Would the cut us a check? My TA isn't very much help with this, since she apparently forgot that we paid by check and not credit card :rolleyes:.

Did you pay by check to the t/a or direct with RC?? I have paid by check before with my t/a and had to cancel once and the check went to the t/a since they turned around and wrote a check to RC after I paid them..........I must say we had the check back from RC (sent to t/a) within 10 days.........if you paid your check directly to RC, I'm not sure what the process is..........

I would like to know though so keep us posted.

Jim

We wrote our check to the TA, so I'm assuming they would send a check to her....

I'll bug her about it some more - she's a close family friend, so I don't think she'd take us for a ride. Her mother was just taken into the hospital this morning so she may have forgotten how we paid in her panic this morning.

I'll keep you guys updated!

And directly from the horse's mouth (luckily it only took about 10 min to get through customer service): they said they would be sending the refun to our TA and she would handle getting our money back to us. So, there ya go. Now I just have to work with her to get it back... I'm being a little lenient right now given her family situation, though. :)

Archived