Is there a way to do laundry on the Wonder??

bahbah

decks 2 , 6 and 7 all have laundry places and as stated above free use of irons.

There is a bill changer in each place, but make sure your bills are newer and flat or it wont take them. If you have a problem guest services will sell you some quarters.

They also sell small boxes of tide and some kind of fabric softender, but they are super expensive.

I would suggest bringing a plastic container with detergeant in it to save money.

also these places do get very busy, so go at odd times and dont leave your stuff unattended or others eill come along and remove clothes from machines and just toss them anywhere on the floor so they can use the machines. I have seen it many times.

They get imaptient and want to get done so they can go to a specific event and they wont wait, they just toss your clothes aside.

mom x4,grandma x4

The washrooms get packed as do the iron/ironing board. I would pack enough so that you do not have to wash - it can be a pain.

My husband and I just arrived home from a cruise and packed a iron/steamer to get the wrinkles out of our clothes. It was a compact one that we purchased for $9.99 at Walgreens but it worked great. Just make sure to turn it off and unplug it when you leave the cabin.

ENJOY! I loved the Wonder. Let us know how it goes.

(Don't forget to do the couples chocolate spa treatment! :eek: :p )

My husband and I just arrived home from a cruise and packed a iron/steamer to get the wrinkles out of our clothes. It was a compact one that we purchased for $9.99 at Walgreens but it worked great. Just make sure to turn it off and unplug it when you leave the cabin.

I'm sorry, but this is horrible advice. Do not pack an iron. There is a reason irons are prohibited on cruise ships. Seriously, do not pack an iron. I don't care how careful you *think* you are.

The no iron (120/220W) rule does not make sense to me given that I can bring a curling iron (150W), flat iron (170W), hot rollers (1000W), hairdryer (300-1200W), etc. :confused:

I'm sure someone will post that a iron can be left on. So can all the other above acceptable 'irons' which have more wattage. Is there something that I'm not taking into consideration?

Note: Wattage is a close estimate.

This is the iron we took with us on our cruise:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100492&navAction=jump&navCount=0&skuid=sku383230&id=prod383229

I would consider the hot rollers (aren't those self-contained?) and hair dryer (unless you are deaf, I'm not seeing this as an issue) as not a concern.

The flat iron and curling iron... yes. I guess the place of general use being the bathroom????? Maybe that's why they aren't banned?

I'm not a fan of them being on board either.

Archived