Rum Point

travgurl

was just there and it is gorgeous. we took nativeway's rays reef and rum point excursion (which i highly recommend). i think the only other way to get there is to rent a car.

7 mile beach is the main beach where all the hotels are. if there are a lot of ships in port that day...it will be crowded. rum point was almost deserted.

as for shops.......i don't remember any

It's very doable. Just be heading back by 2 PM to be safe. If you rent a car, it's exactly a 45 minute drive from the airport, so be sure to leave time to get back to the tender pier.

How much was the rental car? Did you rent ahead of time or once there? If ahead with whom, if there same question.

Thanks for the info.

Renting a car in Grand Cayman is super easy.

Go here:

http://www.aviscayman.com/RentalRates.htm

Click on Cruise Ship Passenger Rates and book what you want. They will send you a confirmation.

All you have to do is walk over to "The Blue Iguana" when you get off the tender. Walk to your right and it is right past the Harley place. They gladly call the Avis folks and a van comes to pick you up within 10 minutes. You scoot right over to the airport and you are on your way very quickly. They are very efficient and you can do this quickly, wasting very little time.

And that's it. I would not try to rent a car after you get there. Go ahead and have one reserved. It is a great way to see the island and Rum Point is well worth the drive.

Rum point is a nice place, it also has a nice peir. I went there with Native Way oct 06 I don't remember any shops there. We took a boat there so I not sure how long it would take to drive back to the port. 7 mile beach seems a lot closer to the port, you can check on a Cayman island map to be sure. There are lots of resorts there.

Carnival charges 30$ aprox so you can take a cab to 7 mile beach and back or a more with transport

All you have to do is walk over to "The Blue Iguana" when you get off the tender. Walk to your right and it is right past the Harley place. They gladly call the Avis folks and a van comes to pick you up within 10 minutes. You scoot right over to the airport and you are on your way very quickly. They are very efficient and you can do this quickly' date=' wasting very little time.[/quote']It's possible that we hit them on an off day, but it was more than 40 minutes before they picked us up -- and then the shuttle didn't have enough seats for everyone who was waiting.

I would not use Avis again in Grand Cayman.

It's possible that we hit them on an off day, but it was more than 40 minutes before they picked us up -- and then the shuttle didn't have enough seats for everyone who was waiting.

I would not use Avis again in Grand Cayman.

We've used Avis 2 or 3 times and never experienced this. They sent a car/driver to pick us up and were there within 10-15 minutes. Rental cars usually are booked up quickly here.

Mrs.Pete.....It must have been an off day for you. I'm sure that happens. We were very pleased. Everything went well for us, thank goodness. We got lost at first, but that was due to our own stupidity. Based on our experience....we will definitely use Avis and do this again next time.

Archived