E. Caribbean tenders?...

redhotpepper

Sorry, I was in a hurry earlier so I wanted to come back and post that the ports are San Juan (I'm assuming we dock here) La Romana, St. Thomas and Grand Turks.

Which are docking ports and which are tender ports? I much prefer to dock. It just makes for a much quicker on and off and easier if you need to go back to the ship and leave again.

Thanks,

Annie

Sorry, I was in a hurry earlier so I wanted to come back and post that the ports are San Juan (I'm assuming we dock here) La Romana, St. Thomas and Grand Turks.

Which are docking ports and which are tender ports? I much prefer to dock. It just makes for a much quicker on and off and easier if you need to go back to the ship and leave again.

Thanks,

Annie

All are docking ports (at least they were at Christmas) Just be aware that you dock at Crown Bay, not Charlotte Amalie at St Thomas. That means you need to get transport to town (very little at the dock in the way of shopping at this pier)

Costa uses pier 3 in San Juan

In La Romana there is absolutely nothing at the pier by way of shops or restaurants. Need a tour at this port (we did the zip line excursion and had a blast - would not suggest doing this port on your own - very underdeveloped country)

Grand turks you can walk off the pier and spend the day right there at the beach if you dont want to go on a tour (not too awfully much on this Island except Governors beach a little ways away is less crowded)

HAVE FUN:D

Thanks so much. Are there taxis available at the docks in St. Thomas and La Romana? I've been to Dominican Republic before so I'm aware of the "undevelopedment" and that doesn't bother me. It sounds like the town of La Romana is decent sized so I'm sure there's some shopping there.

My hubby is a safety professional so he absolutely refuses to do the zip lines!

Annie

Thanks so much. Are there taxis available at the docks in St. Thomas and La Romana? I've been to Dominican Republic before so I'm aware of the "undevelopedment" and that doesn't bother me. It sounds like the town of La Romana is decent sized so I'm sure there's some shopping there.

My hubby is a safety professional so he absolutely refuses to do the zip lines!

Annie

There are plenty of taxis available in st thos ( at early am debarkation the price was $7pp ~~ we had a leisurely breakfast and went out late am and paid $4/pp)

The zip-lines are absolutely safe:) Believe me, I have bad arthritis and have had a hip and knee replacement and am waiting for the other 2 and I did ok on this excursion. The hardest part was walking up the stone walkway from the last zip-line tower. We had a big group and no one suffered any injury and everyone had a great time. Since we had an excursion booked we went on a pre-arranged bus. I did see other buses and vans there, but not sure if they were for other excursions. But if you've been there before, you likely know the lay of the land

Archived