Wonder cruise in 3 weeks, and the Upgrade Fairy is coming along!

Ellanora

I am taking my son on a surprise Disney Cruise for his 11th birthday. The cruise begins the day of his birthday, Jan 31st. I have checked online, and it appears that the upgrade fairy has tapped us with her wand - I booked a Cat 12 guarantee, and appear to have gotten a Cat 9 Oceanview on Deck 2, midship. I am thrilled! I was quite fine with getting an inside (I don't mind them at all) but to get the big window for our first Disney cruise is just one more exciting thing to look forward to! :D

It is just a 3 night, but we are going to make the most of the Disney experience. I have decided that we will stay onboard while in Nassau and enjoy the hopefully less crowded pools. We've both been to Nassau already, and with it just being the two of us, I think we'll have more fun and be more comfortable this way. I am looking forward to Castaway Cay - and I know my son will love seeing the Pirates movie ship! I really enjoyed the Carnival private island Half Moon Cay, and I hope we love Castaway just as much.

I've watched the Disney Cruise special on the Travel Channel so many times I think I could recite some of it, so I'm more than ready to go. Also, it's been a hard secret to keep, and I can't wait to let the cat out of the bag. I've read the forum posts for some time now, and I'm going to pick up some white pillowcases from the store before we go. I won't be going to Palo's, since I'm the only adult, but I might try to sneak a peek inside. Any other can't miss suggestions, throw them at me.

Have fun! Congrats on the upgrade! SCORE!

If you meet other adults aboard, you can be added to their Palo reservation, if you decide you'd like to experience it. I don't think people get private tables, usually, anyway (though I've never been) so it's not like you'd be crashing a date. I bet your son would be happy to spend a few hours with kids activities while you did it.

You don't need to do white pillowcases. Another poster mentioned doing a black sham with metallic Sharpies! I think getting creative is a great idea!

That is GREAT!!!

Just read the Navigator each day and mark anythings you may want to do and keep it on you so you can check on and off to make sure you dont miss anything.

Your son sounds like he is the right age for you both to do the scavenger hunt on CC together. watch the navigator for place and time to pick up all the information about it the evening before you get to CC.

You can take your time and do alittle at a time all day long if you want, it isnt who gets done first who wins, everyone can win a prize just by finishing it.

One tip I can offe rif you decide to do this. part of the answers lie along the walkway to the beach so walk there, do NOT ride the tram. other wise later you will have to go back almost to the ship to finish that part of the hunt. Best to do it on the way to the beach then you can leisurely finish around the beach area during the day.

If you really get stuck on a clue, skip it and afte ryou solve a few more you can generally figure out what it was .

have fun,

mom x4,grandma x4

Thanks all, for the good wishes.

Another poster mentioned doing a black sham with metallic Sharpies!

That is a great idea, I may have to try it.

Your son sounds like he is the right age for you both to do the scavenger hunt on CC together.

I appreciate the tips. My son LOVES scavenger hunts; I didn't know they had one we could do together - sounds like great fun. We will be sure to walk there and keep our eyes open. :)

Archived