I can't decide . . .

w8ing2cruz

A helicopter ride over the Monserat volcano would be something different. You could also go on the zipline or do a tour of Nelson's Dockyard, English Harbor, Devils Bridge, Betty's Hope and Devils Bridge. To me the beaches and water are the attractions in Antigua.

Karysa

w8ing2cruz:

what to do in Antigua. It is smack dab in the middle of our cruise. We are just beaching it for the first two islands and have boat excursions for the last two islands - what to do, what to do?

DH/I and another couple took a private tour with Gordon (Antigua Beach Runner) in Antigua during our December 2007 which was great. We stopped at a scenic area overlooking St. John, Devil's Bridge, Shirley Heights, Nelson's Dockyard, the oldest church in Antigua (can't remember name) and had some beach time at Turner's Beach. It was a nice day and we were able to see a lot of the island along with the "hot tourist spots". Not sure if you are interested in something like this but wanted to pass on what we did last month. We had seven ports on our cruise so some days we toured, some days we took it easy.

Have a great cruise and enjoy!

Sea ya!

For the past two Decembers, we have been on cruises that stopped in Antigua, and both times we toured with Gordon and Carl. I cannot recommend them highly enough--they're just great. I worried that on our second tour, we would duplicate everything, but that was not the case. Antigua remains one of our favorite islands. Nelson's Dockyard & Shirley's Heights are not to be missed; Devil's Bridge & Betty's Hope [sugar mill] are both worth seeing; there are beautiful scenic drives wherever you go. We took some of our best photographs on Antigua. We ate lunch once at Admiral's Inn [Nelson's Dockyard] and once at Turner's Beach.

Trust Carl and Gordon to show you the best their beautiful island has to offer and to do it with courtesy and style and for a reasonable price. They will show you whatever you want to see and stop whenever you want. :)

If we are ever lucky enough to return to Antigua, and I certainly hope that we will be, we will book with them again.

Please feel free to ask if you have questions.

GG

We did Island tour that could/could not include a beach with Lawrence of Antigua last week and it was great.. plenty of time afterward for a "Wahdidli" at Cheers Antigua Bar etc.. Loved this port.. had never been there and it's now high on the list... island really lovely etc., views amazing... a good alternative if you don't want an entire beach day? Feel free to ask questions as well:)

Archived