Wow what a difference booking early makes

bubbles1209

We booked airfare for my SO's family 1-way ticket from Miami to Illinois, and paid $243.80 per person in November, so for 4 people that's $975.20.

Checked the prices for the same 1-way trip today and it has :eek: jumped up

to $602 pp multiplied by 4 which would have been $2408.00.:eek: He's saved $1432.80 by booking early. I would have never thought it would jump up that high.

I learned about Yapta on CC and have been using it ever since. We started using it for a flight from ORF to New York (all airports). We booked at $217 RT in late November and by the time we flew out in late December the price has skyrocketed to $619.

I love Yapta because they will email you when the price drops and will even notify you if the Airline owes you a refund. The refund is only eligible when you book thru the airlines website.

We are using it now to find flights to San Juan in August.

Just looked up their other one way flight from where they live to Miami, and it has gone up $1240.80. So, the $1240.80 saved plus the $1432.80 saved makes :eek: $2673.60 he's saved by booking them early. I'll have to give that website you mention a look, we have airfare to plan for our Jan. 09 trip.

We booked airfare for my SO's family 1-way ticket from Miami to Illinois, and paid $243.80 per person in November, so for 4 people that's $975.20.

Checked the prices for the same 1-way trip today and it has :eek: jumped up

to $602 pp multiplied by 4 which would have been $2408.00.:eek: He's saved $1432.80 by booking early. I would have never thought it would jump up that high.

You didn't say what dates the flights are for. Of course flights in the winter between the midwest and FL will fill up with the snowbirds, spring break people, etc. My guess is that the main reason the price increased was not an increase in the base price itself as much as the fact that the cheapest type of fare is now sold out. In either case, booking when you feel you have found a fair price is always a good idea.

John

You didn't say what dates the flights are for. Of course flights in the winter between the midwest and FL will fill up with the snowbirds, spring break people, etc. My guess is that the main reason the price increased was not an increase in the base price itself as much as the fact that the cheapest type of fare is now sold out. In either case, booking when you feel you have found a fair price is always a good idea.

John

He booked 1-way tickets coach (non-refundable) the first 1-way flight leaving with Delta on June 21st, and the other flight being with AA departing Miami June 28th. The prices I'm looking at are the coach tickets

that are non-refundable, on the exact same flight numbers. I figured it would jump up because it's in the middle of summer, just didn't think it would jump that much.

Archived