Island Girl or Rumbaba

KMBB

Anyone done either of these two and have any feed back on them? I can't decide on which one. Help me out if you can. Thanks, kmbb

Have not done either of these, although did research on almost all the day sails for our trip. I chose Interlinesail and had a great day! They leave from Red Hook, same as most of the day sails that go to St John. Actually, I remember seeing most of the boats I checked out right in the same area as the boat we took. Am sure there are reviews for most of the day sails, if you do a search on this board. I can only recommend Captain Omar and Interlinesail from personal experience; the sail over to St John was out of this world (we saw a dolphin , which the Captain said is rare in those waters), and a sea turtle (which he said they see all the time). We did 2 snorkel stops. Can't post their website here, but the name is Interlinesail.com if you want to do a search. I just looked at their website (dreaming again of warm weather), and see that they do post the rates and info on the website. Hope this helps.

We have sailed with Rumbaba twice and plan to sail on Island Girl in March. We loved our sails on the Rumbaba, but wanted to try something different this time. We liked the idea that we wouldn't have to taxi to Red Hook.

We originally booked the Rumbaba based on reviews on Cruise Critic of their food! We were not disappointed. They also have several different options for flotation. Some people with us did not want to snorkel and Bobbby put a mat in the water, tethered to the boat and our friend bobbed around all the while we snorkeled. She said it was one of the best days of her life.

We look forward to trying Island Girl and anticipate having another wonderful daysail in St. Thomas. I will post a review/comparison when we return.

Archived