Costa Atlantica - southern Caribbean

Clarvey

We are first time cruisers :) going on the Costa Atlantica from La Romana in April. Wondering if anyone is back from this cruise or if you did it last year. I understand that European passengers embark at Guadaloupe and St. Maarten and would love to hear from anyone. Looking forward to any comments about the ship and the experience. Thanks.

We will be sailing on the Costa Atlantica on January 21st. I promise I will send in a review after our trip because I have found information to be very scarce and I'm sure you're as curious as I about the cruise out of La Romana and will want to know all about it.

Thanks Zaro. I look forward to seeing what you think. We were at a travel show this past weekend, and two agents told us that they have not had a complaint about this cruise. One of the agents was on it two years ago and loved every minute. We're certainly going with the attitude that all is new and wonderful!!

I'm also anxious to read the review as we're book out of La Romana on March 24th. We did almost the same itinery in 2005 on Costa Classica. La Romana is a great port because you can do the all inclusive following the cruise. The Italian experience is always fun but I am really anxious to hear about the ship itself.

• 4 weeks later...
We are first time cruisers :) going on the Costa Atlantica from La Romana in April. Wondering if anyone is back from this cruise or if you did it last year. I understand that European passengers embark at Guadaloupe and St. Maarten and would love to hear from anyone. Looking forward to any comments about the ship and the experience. Thanks.

Took the same cruise last year at the same time then went on to La Romana for a week at the Iberostar.......we were also first time travellers celebrating 20th anniversary. The ship is beautiful. Although many languages are offerend English is not at the top of the list. We were cancelled off of many excursions due to lack of english speaking passengers booked. (disappointing) Mainly an Italian cruise since it is the last one for the season. The crews family and friends come aboard in Guadaloupe........they can really make some noise.

Don't book anything for Catalina.......the ship has a private beach day, bbq and bar (drinks charged to the ship) Tip-- it is hard to find a lounger at first but if you go past the bar and head towards the restroom area , there is a shack where they are all kept - grab your own it will save you a $10 tip for getting a local guy to grab them for you.

Enjoy your trip....language may be a barrier but the fun is up to you any way.............

Thanks crash3x, for the info. We plan to do any excursions on our own, not through the ship. Also, thanks for the tip about the lounges on Catalina. We'll probably do some snorkelling there, if the water is calm enough. Looking forward to using the "tender". Actually, we're looking forward to every part of the holiday. And we always go with a smile and good attitude, KNOWING that we will have a great time.

moni79, I look forward to hearing how you enjoy the cruise. We leave 6 weeks Monday and getting so excited! Ours is the last cruise of the season before the ship repositions back to Europe.

Have a great trip!!!

Hi cruisingnurse99. Looks like we will be on the same cruise. We, too, will be going out of Toronto on April 7th!! Thanks for the tip about where to snorkel on Catalina Island.

Archived