repositiong cruise to Vancouver

jsds

We are taking our 2nd cruise a repositiong on Golden Princess May 3rd from Los Angeles to Vancouver, we do not want to fly back to Seattle, does anyone have any suggestions, we thought maybe the ferry, rent a car or take the train, has anyone every done this. Any suggestions would be very helpful! As of now we do not have our passports. Thank you! :confused:

There is no ferry from Vancouver to Seattle. You can rent a car if you are up for the waits at the border (often as long as 2-3 hours during peak summer/cruise season). Or you can take the Cascades train which leaves Vancouver at 6 pm and gets back here at 10 pm. ( www.amtrak.com ) You will need your passports by the time you are ready to cruise.

The train is the best bet in my opinion (I have done car, train and bus home from Vancouver, and much prefer the train for its comfort and the lack of having to move everything into and out of the car or bus for customs inspection).

Hello,

In August of 2007, my DW and I took the bus from the Canada Place Cruise terminal to SEATAC, for $50.00 per person. It was a very nice ride on an especially nice bus, and while we did stop at the border it was not for a very long time.

I highly recommend this, with the only proviso is that if you fly out of SEATAC, make your flight for 3:30 PM or later. SEATAC is as good an airport to have to hang around as any in the USA.

Fred

There is no ferry from Vancouver to Seattle. You can rent a car if you are up for the waits at the border (often as long as 2-3 hours during peak summer/cruise season). Or you can take the Cascades train which leaves Vancouver at 6 pm and gets back here at 10 pm. ( www.amtrak.com ) You will need your passports by the time you are ready to cruise.

The train is the best bet in my opinion (I have done car, train and bus home from Vancouver, and much prefer the train for its comfort and the lack of having to move everything into and out of the car or bus for customs inspection).

Thank you so much for the information, we were thinking that would most likely be the way to go, we were told we would not need our passports,

hope we get them in time! Thanks

Hello,

In August of 2007, my DW and I took the bus from the Canada Place Cruise terminal to SEATAC, for $50.00 per person. It was a very nice ride on an especially nice bus, and while we did stop at the border it was not for a very long time.

I highly recommend this, with the only proviso is that if you fly out of SEATAC, make your flight for 3:30 PM or later. SEATAC is as good an airport to have to hang around as any in the USA.

Fred

Thank you for the info it has been very helpful!:)

Archived