going to long beach cruise terminal

bogart55

Can anyone advise me of a hotel for my family to stay at the night before the sailing? We need 4 room with children in each room. Would we be best to stay near airport or near cruise terminal? How about transportation to the pier?

You could stay on board the Queen Mary, we are going to the night we get back from our Paradise cruise. She is right there at the Carnival terminal, and you can do early check in for your cruise there too. If you stay there, you can tour the ship if youre interested in the historical aspect of the ship. She has 6 restaurants so you won't have to search for a place to eat. My mother has stayed on her before years ago and loved it.

http://queenmary.com/

Before you book the QM i would suggest browsing the reviews at Trip advisor.com. QM seems to have a lot of issues as of late. I had planned on staying their till i read the reviews. Now im booked at the Westin.

I have never been on the QM, just basing this on what i read and most of it wasnt good.

We've stayed at the Long Beach Hilton twice before a cruise and it is a really nice hotel. Both times I got the hotel through Priceline for around $80. I would definitely recommend it.

It is also within walking distance to The Pike which has shops and restaurants.

We stayed at the Hyatt the night before our January 6th sailing on the Pride and loved it! It's extremely close to the port and the service was great. We woke up Sunday morning and watched the Pride pull into port.

Have fun on your cruise! :)

Archived