Priceline question

coffee39

If I bid 50.00 for a room for Jan. 30th today and do not get the bid do the chances of getting the room for that price improve as the date draws nearer. If I place the same bid on Jan. 28th would priceline have dropped their prices?

Depending on where you need the room, if it is a cruise port like Miami, no the price will never be accepted. Jan 30 in a warm climate is peak season.

It sounds like you are pretty new to PL. I'd suggest you got to biddingfortravel.com and read what people are bidding and winning for the time and hotel you are looking at. $50 won't get you much of anything even on PL. Also check the rates being offered at the hotels' sites. If the cost of the room is $100, I'd begin at $70. But again, not knowing WHERE you are looking, makes answering your question difficult.

It also depends on what night you are trying for.

For example, I've found that I can get better rates through Priceline for weekends. Weeknights tend to be booked up with business travelers, and most hotels try to book the weekends. I also get better rates when I'm booking for one night in the middle of the week.

You also have to look at the rack rate of the hotel class you are trying to book. I've very rarely gotten a $300 room for $75, but most of the time it is more likely to be $100-$125 for a $300 room. '

I do second the previous poster's advice. If you're not familiar with Priceline, do spend some time reading their recommendations. Once you book, you're booked. No changes, no matter what!

Archived