Funny Cruise Stories?

Robin7

On our last cruise, we had two days at sea on our return to port. For a couple of days prior, we kept hearing about this "event" in the main lounge which mustn't be missed.

We showed up a bit late in the main lounge for this "event" to find out that it was a scavenger hunt of sorts. I forgot what they called the game. The main lounge was divided into two - Pacific Side and Altantic Side. An item would be called out, such as "matches", or "two pairs of shoelaces not in their shoes". Whichever side got the item to the front first were awarded points.

We were sitting in the back when they called out "Any Canadian Paper Currency". I ran up to the front, but already someone from our team had produced the money. A few more items were called, none of which we could help on.

Then a tally was conducted to see who had more points. Turned out that our side of the lounge was 15 points behind. Then came the two bonus questions. The first bonus was "two pairs of mens pants or shorts, NOT on their body". I was running up to the front as I was undoing my pants, when it struck me what I was wearing (or not) underneath my shorts. I thought to myself, "oh, to heck with it. It isn't anything nobody here hasn't seen before" and doffed my pants, but quickly pulled my shirt down as low as I could get it!

Well, not only did we win, but for the next 24 hours I was approached by numerous women asking just what I was (or wasn't wearing) under my shirt! I also enjoyed overhearing conversations at dinner and around the ship as people would relate the story to friends who missed the event!

I certainly have kept up the spirit of the Crazy Canucks!

Archived