7-day S. Caribbean on Victory out of San Juan in Nov.

brookiepoo

Hey everyone,

I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about booking this cruise, has anyone ever done this itinerary? It is very involved (there are no sea days) so I was wondering (1) if anyone had done it and (2) what they thought if they had. We've been out of San Juan for a S. Caribbean before but it was a totally different itinerary and this itinerary goes places we've never been.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

We sailed on the Destiny this past March and are sailing again this March. Last year we had one day at sea and this year they are all port stops. We LOVED it! But we are active and like to explore different islands. It was fun waking up in a new place each morning. You can always stay on the ship if you need a break; we get off at each island and try something different!

Yeah, we did the Southern Caribbean on the Destiny in 2005 and we loved it. I don't mind having all port days myself because we are fairly active as well but I just wondered if it was really exhausting because when we are in port we are going full blast! lol

We just did the itinerary where there was one sea day. Being in port every day didn't exhaust us much at all! In order to get some much needed R&R on top of being active, we booked early excursions and were back on the ship by 2-3pm. That gave us some time to take a nap, just rest for a bit, or wander around the ship.

I liked being able to see so many islands on one cruise. We're already thinking about booking land vacations on a few of the islands we visited. They're beautiful! :D

We just did the itinerary where there was one sea day. Being in port every day didn't exhaust us much at all! In order to get some much needed R&R on top of being active, we booked early excursions and were back on the ship by 2-3pm. That gave us some time to take a nap, just rest for a bit, or wander around the ship.

I liked being able to see so many islands on one cruise. We're already thinking about booking land vacations on a few of the islands we visited. They're beautiful! :D

First, it did exhaust me (I need to lose weight), but (A) it was a ton of fun and (B) my friend who was with us already is booking a four week stay in Dominica and my girl-friend wants to stay in either San Juan, Antigua or St. Lucia for a week - It is a great way to get a taste of the different islands out there.

First, it did exhaust me (I need to lose weight), but (A) it was a ton of fun and (B) my friend who was with us already is booking a four week stay in Dominica and my girl-friend wants to stay in either San Juan, Antigua or St. Lucia for a week - It is a great way to get a taste of the different islands out there.

That's what we thought was so cool about cruising there first. There are islands we'd love to visit again (namely Barbados, St. Lucia, and Antigua) and a few we wouldn't mind cruising to again but not to spend a whole week or more.

I'd rather spend a day there, find out it's not my thing and be able to go back to the ship than be "stuck" for a whole week and no where to go! :D

Thanks for all the input. We've been on cruises in the past (one that I can remember) that only had 1 sea day so maybe I'm just nervous because this one seems so jam packed. I've already been to Barbados, Dominica and St. Thomas on previous cruises but all the other ports are new. Oh well, I think I'll just go for it and rest when I get home if I have to. Usually excursions don't take all day anyways so I should still have time to rest before dinner. haha

I'm surprising my hubby with a cruise this year and I know he'd love this itinerary. So far the S. Caribbean has been his favorite.

I've already been to Barbados, Dominica and St. Thomas on previous cruises but all the other ports are new.

If you have been there before then I suggest making Barbados and/or St. Thomas beach days or even just stay on the ship for the day.

Dominica I am betting you never got a chance to see some of it's more out of the way parts (example have you visited the Carib Indian village or gone to the pools below Trafalgar falls)?

Just remember it is a vacation, you get to choose what you want to do unless your wife says otherwise, in which you have no choice. :)

I agree it is exhausting but my friends and I also love going to alot of different islands so we can book land trips to the islands we really like. In fact we are going to Aruba the last week of May. We have done the Southern Caribbean twice on the Destiny.

I agree it is exhausting but my friends and I also love going to alot of different islands so we can book land trips to the islands we really like. In fact we are going to Aruba the last week of May. We have done the Southern Caribbean twice on the Destiny.

My family and friends group have done the S. Caribbean twice on the Destiny and loved it. In fact we use this as a way to see which islands we are going back to for a week of timeshare. This year we are going to Aruba the last week of May because we loved it so much in 2004.

Archived