Transportation to and from CT to Cape Liberty, NJ

WB2974

My mom and I are going on the Explorer April 11 and were wondering if anyone from southwestern CT has ever used private car service to the pier? Other then use cruiseline transfers (if they are available) does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Gloria

We live between Waterbury and Danbury. We have had excellent luck taking private car service to the NYC airports. If it is just two of you, you can probably get a Towncar for door to door service for about the same or even less than the RCI bus. They can pick you up at home and drop you off at the pier. They will be there when you disembark too. We have been doing that on airport trips for years now. You might want to inquire with a service outside of Fairfield County for biggest savings. We have used Carriage Limo, from Oxford for NYC trips, and it has been the same or less than the CT limo bus.

Eric

My mom and I are going on the Explorer April 11 and were wondering if anyone from southwestern CT has ever used private car service to the pier? Other then use cruiseline transfers (if they are available) does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Gloria

Have you considered driving yourself? They have plenty of parking in a secure lot for 16$ a day. And it is not a bad drive and you shouldn't encounter winter type bad weather at that time of year.

We live between Waterbury and Danbury. We have had excellent luck taking private car service to the NYC airports. If it is just two of you, you can probably get a Towncar for door to door service for about the same or even less than the RCI bus. They can pick you up at home and drop you off at the pier. They will be there when you disembark too. We have been doing that on airport trips for years now. You might want to inquire with a service outside of Fairfield County for biggest savings. We have used Carriage Limo, from Oxford for NYC trips, and it has been the same or less than the CT limo bus.

Eric

I will also give Carriage Limo a call. Thanks.

Have you considered driving yourself? They have plenty of parking in a secure lot for 16$ a day. And it is not a bad drive and you shouldn't encounter winter type bad weather at that time of year.

My husband and I are going on the Explorer in 11 days YIPPI. We are taking the bus that RCCL has. I believe there are new prices and updated bus company as well. We are paying $110.00 pp. I really dont mind the price, we have met some great people on the bus and I know once we board, we can sit back..........and start our vacation.

Dorene

Another problem with a private limo is trying to guess what time you will disembark. I found that very stressful. The limos have to wait outside the terminal area and then they need to get on line to pick you up after you call to say that you have cleared customs.

My husband and I are going on the Explorer in 11 days YIPPI. We are taking the bus that RCCL has. I believe there are new prices and updated bus company as well. We are paying $110.00 pp. I really dont mind the price, we have met some great people on the bus and I know once we board, we can sit back..........and start our vacation.

Dorene

Dorene, may I ask where is the bus going to pick you up?

Thanks, Gloria

Bette,

Thanks for the information. I am assuming that if the bus has a pickup at New Haven, it will have one in Bridgeport. I just e-mailed my cruise agent to ask. Royal wouldn't give me any info because I did not book with them.

Have a great cruise.

Gloria

Archived