Cat 11 and Cat 12 "Carnival Miracle" difference in staterooms ?

Cruise Mermaid

Hi! Well after 5 years of dry dock we just booked a cruise ! YIPEE! Feb 9, 2009 - cruising the southern caribbean and we booked a category 11 and my question is, we 'were' going to do a category 12 but the only room is like 6217 and it's the 'last' cat 12 right ahead of the other balcony rooms and I think that might be a sort of obstructive room - any ideas?

So, based on that we just booked a cat 11 instead of the 12 and I'm wondering if the 11's are as 'nice' as the 12's ?? I'm sure the 12's are nicer - but are the 11's nice as well ??

Any info please provide !! :)

Hi Mermaid !! I cannot answer your question exactly, but we are booked on Miracle for Feb 17, 2009 and we have cat 11 cabins. We chose the 11 over the 12 because we wanted the aft, and also we got 2 of the cabins with the 220 sq ft wrap balconies. We are on the Panorama deck, cabin 8268. you might consider one like that. The room on the balcony is great. My sister has the same cabin on the other corner, so I figure whichever way we are going we will have a great balcony to use !!

Ya those aft cabins are the BOMB - my inlaws had one in 2003 and we all hung out on it and it was awesome! There was '1' left - HOWEVER it only could house 3 people and there was no way around that so I chose the 11 in the 'middle' of the ship because now remembering back it's such a LONG ship and it's a LONG way from Camp Carnival !!! But anyhoo - like I said the last Cat 12 that was left (that could hold 4) was right ahead of those other cabins that like 'bump out' in front of the 12's and I'm just thinking that would not be very good - I dont know - if anyone has an opinion on that I'd love to hear it !!!

I'm so excited !!! :)

Mermaid.. did you look at the deck plans to see if there are any obstructions in your view ? Travelocity has great deck plans.. just make like you are making a reservation and find your deck. All the rooms that have obstructed views are noted.

Mermaid,

We were in the direct opposite cabin - 6182 was on the port side - and I can tell you that while you do see the "bump out" then you look behind you, we certainly didn't mind it! The main difference between the cat 11 and the cat 12 is that the cat 12 has an extra dressing area, actually a small hallway, just outside of the bathroom. There's an extra wash basin there, and some more drawers for storage. While I do believe that a cat 11 is plenty large enough (and drawer/closet space will NOT be an issue for you!!), we really appreciated this extra area in the cat 12.

Either way, you can't go wrong with the cabin, or with the Miracle. She is a wonderful ship, and a good time is almost a lock. Enjoy your cruise.

We are booked on the Miracle - cabin 8268 - wraparound aft balcony - leaving in 12 days!! We also have friends who have a category 12 cabin mid-ship. We will take pictures and post them for you upon our return. From the pictures I have seen, we do have a tub with shower in it.

Archived