what should first timers do in DOMINICA?

baileyimpact

We were in Dominica this past October on the Destiny and it was absolutely beautiful. Make sure you take a tour of the island because otherwise you will be very disappointed when you get off the ship. We took a tour with Beno and it was very good and interesting. I heard the Wacky Rollers was really good too so we might try that the next time. I would definetly take a tour of the island though because so much to see. Not a beach island. Happy Cruising!!!:)

I agree with smitty... Don't go to Dominica the first time without a plan... Depending on how much your willing to pay for a tour, we booked a tour with Woody (his website is posted on this thread somewhere)... He has a Land Rover and he takes you to places off the beaten path... We went to waterfall on private property, swam in the Atlantic Ocean on a black sand beach, sampled some of the islands fruits and alot of Woody's supplied beer and homemade punch... :eek: ... Has a bit of a kick to it....:)

He only can take up to 4 persons per day so if your interested you might want to try to contact him ASAP....

Either way you want to do something as beaches on the island are few and far between.... Dominica is one of the poorest island nations that you will visit. But the people are proud people and are trying to make a better life.....

Have a great cruise..

Joey

I also agree that getting Woody is a coup in Dominica. His e-mail is adquatics@yahoo.com

He is a former Olympic swimmer and competed in the Atlanta games. He has access to land that no one else can use and I guarantee you will not see one person from the ship while on your excursion. Woody is a true gentleman who supplies his own beer and homemade rum punch (to die for). E-mail as soon as possible and if you can affors to go with just the two of you it will be much more comfortable. I think $80.00 per person and worth every Dominican Dollar. Have him take you to his brothers bar for a drink.

Archived