Destiny or Valor?

danyelle

Hi All!

I'm planning a june cruise, my first on carnival.

How do these two ships compare to each other?

The itineraries are very different, and Destiny's is preferrable, but I'm a bit nervous after reading the reviews on Destiny.

Has anyone here sailed both ships?

Which would you recommend.

Thanks!

Dani

If I remember correctly, the basic layouts of the ship are the exact same. Valor is newer and nicer and Destiny has the better itinerary. Destiny's shortcomings aren't enough to negate its benefits if you are into visiting the different ports which I am. I enjoyed the Destiny more, though the Valor sailing the Destiny's ports would be ideal :) My biggest complaint with the Destiny was the other passengers...the only age you'll see on the Destiny is in the staterooms and it's not that big of a deal.

I

Have you considered airfare? Would that make a difference in the one you choose?

The airfare is only going to be around $50 difference, to me i really don't care what it costs if i want to go to a certain place, but some people are on a budget %50 extra isn't that much.

OP----Choose the itenerary that your family likes better.

We always have a pow wow with the family, everyone sits down a lets us know what itenerary they like better.

I love the southern Caribbean iternary and not so much on Fun Days at Sea. For me, the ports of call is more important than the ship.

I am sure that the service I get in the evening will meet my expectations plus I can plan on waking up to a new port each day.

Both ships are very fun! The Valor is newer and "glitzier". It is a beautiful ship and lots of fun. The Destiny is older and has some wear and tear. But, it is still a beautiful ship and it a lot of fun. The itinerary on the Destiny is very port intensive. In fact, we were pretty worn out each night! But, if you like seeing new places and doing new things it is a lot of fun!

I would highly recommend both ships. For me, it comes down to what kind of itinerary you are interested in.

Archived