Is Boatyard good for families or just for partying?

michalanajon

Hi! The boatyard seems to have everything we'd like for my two teens and four year old son. My question is that from the pictures, it looks like the atmosphere is geared to a younger more partying crowd. Not that there is anything wrong with that.....been there and done that, but with my family I'm wondering if I'll feel uncomfortable if the crowd is the twenty something and on the wild side. Any thoughts? has anyone been there during the day and found it to be family friendly? Are there any other alternatives with that amount of activities?:confused:

I think the Boatyard would be a great way for you and you family to spend the day in Barbados. The kids will love it because there is so much to do and so many water activities for them to enjoy. We met a couple on our cruise in December who went to Boatyard with their two children and they had a blast. If you haven't already done so, check out their website at www.theboatyard.com.

Michalanajon,

I think cc was having some tech issues when I sent the original. I'm trying this again...

think the Boatyard would be a great way for you and you family to spend the day in Barbados. The kids will love it because there is so much to do and so many water activities for them to enjoy. We met a couple on our cruise in December who went to Boatyard with their two children and they had a blast. If you haven't already done so, check out their website at www.theboatyard.com.

We just returned from the boatyard and my sister has a 4 & 7 year old.

She had similiar concerns after looking at their website. On the contrary,

her kids had a blast. The water is perfect for little ones. We had a group

ranging in age from 4 yrs. to 78 yrs and it was great for all. There is a

bar/restaurant that has music and various games, there's actually more

families there than 20 year olds. The music and bar are near the

entrance to the boatyard, you can certainly sit in a lounge chair away

from the action too! This was our favoritie beach day.:)

Hello there,

How far is the boatyard from where you get of the ship? We will be there in March. Thanks so much.

If I remember correctly, not far at all. Maybe 10-15 minutes depending on traffic. (Ma99 would be able to confirm for you). We drove past it on the way to Accra. I would cab or bus it instead of walking only because the sun is extremely hot. We walked back to the ship from a local restaurant that was roughly a 20 minute walk and got a really "nice" burn.

Hope you have a great time!!

• 3 weeks later...

hello-

we will be there on the Norwegian Jewel on March 6, 2008. Can anyone tell me how dificult it will be to get a drink - the pics I've seen of the bar look small. There will be 4 ships in port that day. Are there beach waiters? Looks like a good time -just trying to be prepared (we'll need more money if there are waiters :)

Archived