help~Formal fashion ideas/examples from BBW women--PLEASE

CharlotteCpl

Thanks ladies for your responses -- I will remember to nix the bedsheet!!;) I like the idea of hanging out in a smaller pool -- the Inspiration has an adults only section now (yay!), not that I don't love kids (I have 5) but it will be nice to relax. Thanks again.

I am 49 lbs down from a 74lb goal to lose and believe me a tan makes a world of difference!!! I have been going to a tanning bed for 2 weeks now for our cruise next week and I already feel better about myself!!

My tan really hides or makes my "flabbyness" if that is a word less noticeable and I just look better - darker skin tends to hide flaws (stretch marks) also.

Go for it and CONGRATULATIONS!!

Hi Ladies,

All these ideas are great ones. I love the black dress and prefer heel #3. My take on the bathing suit dilemma is to wear either a nice color one piece and wear board shorts over them, men’s solid swim trunks can also do the trick. I also just go gaga over all the wonderful print tankini tops they have now days. I just picked up another one at Target yesterday that has all these wonderful vibrant colors that I will wear with my black board shorts.

I was also wanting to get an opinion on a dress, although I already have it and have gotten it altered. I am 46 years young and in the 18/20 range I ordered this dress which was oh so reasonable but am looking for other outlook. Too young? I just love the green, I also ordered the second one not knowing which I would like and kept them both. Are there generally more that one formal night on a 7-night RCL cruise? I got them through Amazon , but you can also order them straight from the website pacificplex.com.

Sorry for all the questions:D

Just a little over 3 weeks until my first cruise, I am so excited!!!!!

318X1GX1NZL._SS400_.jpg

41sB82799-L._SS400_.jpg

I wanted the chocolate brown, but when I ordered, they were out of stock, but I got the cutest clear heel shoes with the clear straps with rhinestones that I am wearing with both, so one less pair of shoes to bring!

Sharon

Hi Ladies,

All these ideas are great ones. I love the black dress and prefer heel #3. My take on the bathing suit dilemma is to wear either a nice color one piece and wear board shorts over them, men’s solid swim trunks can also do the trick. I also just go gaga over all the wonderful print tankini tops they have now days. I just picked up another one at Target yesterday that has all these wonderful vibrant colors that I will wear with my black board shorts.

I was also wanting to get an opinion on a dress, although I already have it and have gotten it altered. I am 46 years young and in the 18/20 range I ordered this dress which was oh so reasonable but am looking for other outlook. Too young? I just love the green, I also ordered the second one not knowing which I would like and kept them both. Are there generally more that one formal night on a 7-night RCL cruise? I got them through Amazon , but you can also order them straight from the website pacificplex.com.

318X1GX1NZL._SS400_.jpg

41sB82799-L._SS400_.jpg

I wanted the chocolate brown, but when I ordered, they were out of stock, but I got the cutest clear heel shoes with the clear straps with rhinestones that I am wearing with both, so one less pair of shoes to bring!

Sharon

WoW I love them both.....I am 47 and an 18/20, and I would most definetly wear them both!!!

Have a great cruise, you will look BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Hi Ladies,

318X1GX1NZL._SS400_.jpg

41sB82799-L._SS400_.jpg

Sharon

Beautiful dresses especially the green one! where did you order them from?

Thanks for the words!

I ordered them through amazon.com, but the place they came from is pacificplex.com. I ordered the 3X which fit great in all areas except the bust, way too big. I had to have it professionally altered since all i do with my sewing machine is own it.:p The shorter one is actually called the Marilyn. Here is the amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_so_23?ie=UTF8&rs=1045068&rh=n%3A1036592%2Cn%3A1040660%2Cn%3A1045024%2Cn%3A1045068%2Cp%5F4%3APacificPlex&page=1

I went dress shopping yesterday and couldn't find anything that wasn't a prom dress or grandmotherly!! The saleslady at Penny's suggested a local bridal shop. So off I went thinking if I can't find something I am just giving up! Well I found this dress and fell in love. But after gettin home with it, I am wondering if maybe it is too formal. So please ladies give me some feedback and let me know what you think.

s08_f12667.jpgThe one I got is a burgundy color. My SIL who is going with me on the cruise is also wearing a long gown.

It is PERFECT!!!!! You see all kinds of dresses, very fancy and beaded , feathers.... down to simple black dresses. This is beautiful! When you go to the formal night , you are going to be so happy that ou bought such a beautiful and elegant dress! If there are two formal nights, remember that the more formal night is the night of the captain's reception. Wow, I am having dress envy, that is gorgeous! dee

I went dress shopping yesterday and couldn't find anything that wasn't a prom dress or grandmotherly!! The saleslady at Penny's suggested a local bridal shop. So off I went thinking if I can't find something I am just giving up! Well I found this dress and fell in love. But after gettin home with it, I am wondering if maybe it is too formal. So please ladies give me some feedback and let me know what you think.

s08_f12667.jpgThe one I got is a burgundy color. My SIL who is going with me on the cruise is also wearing a long gown.

It's gorgeous!!! I am wearing my MOB dress which looks similar to yours.

Thank you all. I feel alot better now. I was just second guessing myself. It is such a pretty dress and very figure flattering. I can't wait to wear it. It's our first cruise and I just wasn't sure what is considered over the top. We only have one formal night as it is only a 4 day cruise, but SIL and I have a couple of cocktail dresses, and we were planning to dress nice for every dinner. Just part of the fun for us. I can't wait!!!!!!

Karen:)

Archived