Nativeway Stingray Sandbar, Coral Reef, Starfish Snorkel Excursion?

allesonwonderland

Has anyone been on this particular Tour? We're considering it for our upcoming cruise. TIA!

We did the Ray, Reef, and Rum Point tour through Nativeway and had a great time. The owner (Sharon) is actually from New York City and married to a local. The tour bus to the pier was full and she personally picked us and another couple up in her vehicle and took us to the pier.

Dave

We will be going on this excursion the first week of March... however, we have used Nativeway 3 times before and have been very pleased with them. We did the Sting Ray/ Coral Garden (before they added the star fish) 2 times and last time we did the Island Tour.

They are a reliable company and the sting rays are amazing to see!!!!!

I have emailed nw regarding stingray city, reef snorkel and rum point. Sharon is requesting a credit card for confirmation. I'm a little uncomfortable doing that, has anyone else done this and is there anyother way to confirm with her?

I have emailed nw regarding stingray city, reef snorkel and rum point. Sharon is requesting a credit card for confirmation. I'm a little uncomfortable doing that, has anyone else done this and is there any other way to confirm with her?

You can call at 1-345-916-5027

Or send the CC information split into two different emails. I did not have any problems with them. Or send an email saying you dont use credit cards and will be paying in cash.

Dave

I just sent in the reservation request for Feb 19th. We will be on the Valor. I hope to hear back soon. I was wondering how long we will be at each stop and how deep the water is. Also, the starfish snorkel, is that just off the beach, or are you just swimming off the back of the boat the whole tour? I have seen other tours that go to "Starfish Beach" and was wondering if this tour goes to the same place. Thanks.

After reading all the EXTREMELY positive feedback on Nativeway, I recently sent the initial email registration to book a package. Yippee! Well, It's been about a week, and I haven't received any type of confirmation (or request for credit card info). Can anyone give me an idea of how long it takes them to get back to you? I'm not sure if I should resend... or maybe they work on a more "leisurely" pace, and I should just be patient!! Thanks for any help you can offer.

I emailed them last Thursday and just heard back from them today so give them a little more time.

Question for those that have done this excursion....Has anyone done this with a 8 yr old or 3 yr old? We will have my nieces with me and I'm trying to decide if we should skip this tour this time around or if they would have fun. :confused: They both like to swim and the 8 yr has done some snorkeling from shore before. Also how much of the 5 hours is spent snorkeling\stingrays vs at rum beach?

Thanks

Dawn

• 2 weeks later...
We will be going on this excursion the first week of March... however, we have used Nativeway 3 times before and have been very pleased with them. We did the Sting Ray/ Coral Garden (before they added the star fish) 2 times and last time we did the Island Tour.

They are a reliable company and the sting rays are amazing to see!!!!!

Let us know how you enjoyed it when you get back! I got our space reserved for the 3rd week of March--can't wait!

Nativeway is awesome. The CC request is fine, no problems there. Sharon will jump through hoops to make sure your excursion is awesome. She is very nice to work with and so is her crew. The starfish, stingray and coral gardens excursion is awesome, highlight of our cruise. They are worth trying again if no immediate response.

• 2 weeks later...

We are doing the starfish, coral reef and sandbar tour next week with Nativeways. I'll let you know how it goes when we return. My only concern will be if the seas are unsettled as my son and I can be prone to motion sickness! Hopefully all will go well!

Has anyone been on this particular Tour? We're considering it for our upcoming cruise. TIA!

We just got back and ended up doing this tour. It was okay for the money. We originally booked the Rum point excursion and there was confusion and my fax wasn't received and they cancelled the tour. This made me a little suspicious because there was no one else there for the Rum Point tour and I don't think they would have cancelled it just because of us. Anyway, that is a different story, that I will be happy to tell anyone, if they ask.:rolleyes:

The tour we ended up doing was good, like I said, but it was lacking in information about the island and such.:)

We went on the Rays, Reef, & Rum Point 2 weeks ago, and it was absolutely wonderful. This was the best excursion of our trip - which included an excursion each stop that someone on this board said was their favorite excursion!

Even though there were a dozen boats at Sting Ray City, we didn't feel crowded. Vernon found one of the younger female stingrays so that the 2 children on the excursion could each be able to hold the stingray by themselves. Juli-Ann took the photos, and we loved the smiley-face shots!

If you have time, I would recommend this particular excursion because it includes lunch at Rum Point beach. I had the conch fritters, and my DH had the jerk pork. The food was so good we ordered a third lunch to split - the wahoo was the daily special, and I had never tried it. Delicious!

We were ahead of schedule, so Vernon took us over to the barrier reef to see an eel. Only 4 of us got out of the boat here, so Vernon lured the eel up to the surface with the bait for photos and a quick touch of the eel.

There is not a better excursion for the family!

Archived