Carnival's "Pineapple Tour"??

Catrin

Has anyone taken the tour to the Pineapple Plantantion in Costa Rica???

It looks like a great alternative for me and my Mom... while the boys do the more adventurous excursion.

Any experience?

Catrin

Haven't been on Carnival, but did this excursion last year with Princess and I'll bet it's largely the same. Probably the same grower in both cases.

DH & I really enjoyed it. Short bus ride with narration to the ranch where they grow the pineapples. Stroll through a demonstration garden where they had plants of various ages so we saw the development, then tour through the processing and packing plant on site. Then a tour through the separate building where they make and package dried pineapple. Samples all along the way. Then stop in a small gift shop and return to ship. Bring water as the bus was air-conditioned but everything else was outside or in non-AC buildings; it was quite hot. It wasn't an expensive excursion, and was really interesting. Not a lot of walking, so it would be good for most people, even with limited mobility.

Have fun!

Kirsten

• 3 weeks later...
Haven't been on Carnival, but did this excursion last year with Princess and I'll bet it's largely the same. Probably the same grower in both cases.

DH & I really enjoyed it. Short bus ride with narration to the ranch where they grow the pineapples. Stroll through a demonstration garden where they had plants of various ages so we saw the development, then tour through the processing and packing plant on site. Then a tour through the separate building where they make and package dried pineapple. Samples all along the way. Then stop in a small gift shop and return to ship. Bring water as the bus was air-conditioned but everything else was outside or in non-AC buildings; it was quite hot. It wasn't an expensive excursion, and was really interesting. Not a lot of walking, so it would be good for most people, even with limited mobility.

Have fun!

Kirsten

Best $45 we ever spent - we learned how to select a select a ripe and sweet pineapple - have not picked a bad once since we came back

Archived