Dawn Dinner reservations policy Question

Great1

I will be sailing on NCL line for the first time and I had some questions about their "reservation policy". For those Specialty Resturants such as Cagneys and Le Bistro, since you are paying a "cover charge" is it possible to make reservations for both on the same day. For example, make a reservation to Le Bistro's at 5:30 and then another reservation at Cagney's at 9:30 pm.

I will be sailing on NCL line for the first time and I had some questions about their "reservation policy". For those Specialty Resturants such as Cagneys and Le Bistro, since you are paying a "cover charge" is it possible to make reservations for both on the same day. For example, make a reservation to Le Bistro's at 5:30 and then another reservation at Cagney's at 9:30 pm.

You could if they have openings at those times, but there is a fee assesed to your on board account if you cancel your reservation within a certain time frame of the reservation. (used to be 24 hours....) But even I wouldn't try to eat two huge meals like that in one four hour period!

Please bear in mind that if you do that with the intention of going to only one of them & just can't decide which you'll want, you may be preventing some of your shipmates from getting a table.

Thank you for your responses. Rest assured I am not asking this question becuase I want to hoard tables simply because we can't decide. That would be completely rude.

My wife and I are going on this cruise with several other friends and I am sure that there will be at least one night where the ladies would want to eat and the guys would hang out at the cigar bar and eat later. Therefore, I was wondering if it were posible for my wife to make arrangements for her friends and I can make separate arrangements for my friends.

Please bear in mind that if you do that with the intention of going to only one of them & just can't decide which you'll want, you may be preventing some of your shipmates from getting a table.

My wife and I are going on this cruise with several other friends and I am sure that there will be at least one night where the ladies would want to eat and the guys would hang out at the cigar bar and eat later. Therefore, I was wondering if it were posible for my wife to make arrangements for her friends and I can make separate arrangements for my friends.

What you are describing certainly is fine. If, for some strange reason, they do not want to make the reservation for the "second" restaurant (though I would doubt it), you can just use the name/cabin number of one of your friends.

You certainly didn't need to give me an explanation but I thank you. Sounds like a good idea (having a night for the ladies to hang together & the guys to do the same)

I hope you all have a great cruise

-Monte

Thank you for your responses. Rest assured I am not asking this question becuase I want to hoard tables simply because we can't decide. That would be completely rude.

We did the same thing on the Dawn in 2006. Our large group split up one night....some went to Bamboo, some went to Impressions and some went to Cagney's. It was great since I don't like Asian food and my wife does. We both got to enjoy something different that night.

We just got off the Dawn and it was our first experience with freestyle. We found it very easy to book specialty restaurants for 6 or 12 or more (we cruised 24 people in all). In the Venetian (main dining room) we just showed up with 6 or 10, never a wait. We were surprised that we liked freestyle very much.

The key if to be open minded. Not everyone can dine at the same time. The speciality restaurants require reservations because they aren't as large as the main dining rooms which don't require reservations. If all that is open is 9 PM, accept this fact, don't come back here and say you could not get a reservation for 7 PM......like some do......

Archived