How long does it take to get to Orient Beach from Cruise Ship?

Britt23

After reading all these helpful posts regarding the beaches, I think we will try out Orient Beach. --- 3 weeks from today! Can't wait....

My questions:

Does anyone remember the cost to rent jet ski's on orient beach? Would we have to pay in cash or is there a chance they take credit cards?

Also, do you know how long the taxi ride is to Orient? Just want to be sure so we get back to the ship in plenty of time.

Thanks!

Britt23

The trip should be under 30 minutes each way.

Never rented, so can't address the prices of a jet ski.

I will note that from my personal observations (from the beach) the average ride-time is about 8 1/2 minutes for the rides that leave out of the Pedro's/Orient area.

gary

On one of our cruises a couple of years ago our daughter and some of her friends tried to rent jet skis. We got to Orient around 11:00 am. The cost was $50.00 per person. The kids were told they were already reserved for the afternoon. Then one of the beach guys came over told our group that if they wanted to ride double they could for $85.00 for 2. They decided that cost to much for 2. We never saw anyone riding, not sure what was going on, around 2:00 pm a larger group showed up and asked about the ride. They did ride 2 people together. They could have walked aways down the beach and found someone else. They just decided for the money it wasn't worth it.

Archived