Carnival Spirit - 12 Day Cruise to Hawaii

Grrrracie

Hello there. My husband and I are booked to cruise on the Carnival Spirit, 12 day trip departing from Vancouver, B.C. in late September of this year. We are both very excited, having only done one other cruise which was HAL from Seattle to Alaska last May. Unfortunately, since we booked our Hawaii Cruise, we've been getting some negative feedback about the Carnival Spirit; comments like it's kind of stinky around the rest rooms and the ship is looking pretty run down. Is there anyone out there who has done this same cruise on this ship who can reassure us that this is not the case? That would be wonderful! Thanks in advance.

Hello there. My husband and I are booked to cruise on the Carnival Spirit, 12 day trip departing from Vancouver, B.C. in late September of this year. We are both very excited, having only done one other cruise which was HAL from Seattle to Alaska last May. Unfortunately, since we booked our Hawaii Cruise, we've been getting some negative feedback about the Carnival Spirit; comments like it's kind of stinky around the rest rooms and the ship is looking pretty run down. Is there anyone out there who has done this same cruise on this ship who can reassure us that this is not the case? That would be wonderful! Thanks in advance.

I'm new to cruising but I have seen a few negative reviews about the ship I will be on (Dawn Princess) in 37 days(!!!). For the most part, however, they have been positive. I am sure there will be some friendly board members here who can ease your mind.

Have a great cruise!

Dave

It seems that every ship has some negative reviews and some positive.

Personally I think one of the hardest parts of your cruise is the 4 days at sea going to Hawaii and the 4 more days at sea going back to BC.

8 days at sea can get old.

I did the Carnival eight day Mexican Riviera from San Diego in March of 2007. This was to be my first Carnival cruise.I went with a somewhat negative perception of carnival, and changed my mind. I thought the spirit was very nice (if a bit garish in decor). The staterooms were large and comfy, and the food and service were both good. I especially enjoyed high tea on sea days (although you have to get thee early, as it is in one of the small entertainment venues, not the dining room). I also enjoyed the suishi bar each evening where the suishi rolls were prepared for you fresh as you ordered them. I would not hesitate to go on the Carnival Spirit again.

Ellie

You are absolutely right! Everyone has their own opinion and unfortunately, there are a lot of people just looking for the negative stuff!

The cruise actually is 5 days at see and then 7 days cruising through the Islands. We will then fly back home from Honolulu. My hubby and I work so many hours every week, we just want to rest, rest, rest - sitting on our balcony or on deck on the ocean for 5 days sounds like heaven to us!

Thanks for your response!

It seems that every ship has some negative reviews and some positive.

Personally I think one of the hardest parts of your cruise is the 4 days at sea going to Hawaii and the 4 more days at sea going back to BC.

8 days at sea can get old.

Their's is not a round trip,it is a one way to Hawaii.;)

Gracie, We are taking the reverse of this cruise in April '09, and I have done much research and found the Spirit to be one of the favorites in the fleet. You may get more answers from experience if you post this same question on the Carnival section on these boards.Relax,and enjoy your cruise .I think the one way is the right choice.

You are going to read positive and negatives about EVERY cruise ship. I was on the Carnival Spirit 3 weeks ago, and yes, some of the bathrooms near the very trafficky areas of the ship were stinky. However, that just doesn't seem like a reason to not sail a particular ship, IMHO. That could happen on any ship.

Just because people are posting negatives doesn't mean they look for the negatives. They are being honest with their opinions and how they feel. However, if Carnival Spirit has the itinerary you want, I say "go for it".

Happy Sailing!

Archived