Whole Milk Available for Infants 24Hrs?

ama

Does anyone know if whole milk is available on Dawn, Sun, and Spirit? I am assuming that we can just get milk from the buffet any time we like. But, I'm unsure if it's open all day long OR if we need to make some kind of arrangement with NCL.

Another option I assume, would be ordering milk for her at the resturants. Is this free? Available during lunch and dinner as well? I'm only concerned that she may need milk when it's not normal dining times...

If anyone could provide insight, that would be great! Thanks!

try this again, my first post got lost in the "white screen".

yes, milk is free in any dining venue. for late night, room service or go down to the blue lagoon (24 hr diner-style) if the ship has a BL. the buffet (on the spirit) had milk/tea and coffee around between meals...but they didn't refill them until the next meal times.

the spirit doesn't have a refrig, most of the NCL ships do. when you have a refrig, you can keep some milk to use later.

I'm not sure about 24 hours, but I never had a problem getting my 15 mo DD whole milk during the day. I'd get it from the buffet throughout the day and it was always available free of charge in all the main dining venues. Henrey's pub didn't have any on hand, but the bartender sent someone to get some for us. Since the Blue Lagoon is open 24 hours, I suppose if you needed some in the middle of the night you can go there. Hope this helps:)

I know you asked about specific ships, but just want to make sure another reader doesn't jump to the conclusion that kid's milk (or juice) is free on all ships. On PofAm we were sometimes (not always) charged for kid's beverages (like milk or juice) in the restaurants. There appeared to be no consistency in this and reception couldn't tell me what the policy was. So... don't assume it is free. Ask first. And there wasn't whole milk, just low fat. This may be an NCLA thing.

Does anyone know if whole milk is available on Dawn, Sun, and Spirit? I am assuming that we can just get milk from the buffet any time we like. But, I'm unsure if it's open all day long OR if we need to make some kind of arrangement with NCL.

Another option I assume, would be ordering milk for her at the resturants. Is this free? Available during lunch and dinner as well? I'm only concerned that she may need milk when it's not normal dining times...

If anyone could provide insight, that would be great! Thanks!

You mention 3 ships and some have fridges in cabin and some do not.

You can always obtain whole milk from the buffet or room service.

However, if you want to be sure to have it in your cabin for when you need it, and it is not a cabin with a fridge, just inform your room steward that you need ice EVERY day in your ice bucket to store your milk in.

You can then carry it to your cabin from the buffet or order it from room service. I don't know about the buffet (glasses)? but room service does provide the containers of milk.

You can order several cartons from RS and keep them in your cabin and, also, bring them to the restaurants.

Stock up before the end of the cruise in case they run out of the containers which I assume are more sanitary than the glasses of milk;)

When our daughter was a toddler, she only drank milk. We would bring milk to restaurants:)

Archived