Princess Cays snorkel

iamtothemax

I was there last April and from what I remember you could easily snorkel the length of the beach in a few hours. There is a pier at one end where I recall seeing a lot of fish and some small squid. There are plenty of rocky areas w fish and plants....overall its a so so place to snorkel, but princess cays averall was nice and relaxing, much better than I had anticipated

The snorkeling area at Princess Cays is easy to find and super convenient. When you're facing the water, the best snorkeling I found is down at the right end of the beach. The beach is less crowded down there too. The crowds are more concentrated right near the tender drop off, where all the watertoys and shops are. When you get down toward the right end you will easily be able to see where to snorkel. When I was there in Dec-06, there were plenty of fish and decent coral in the shallow water, just a few feet off the beach. It is a nice little spot where you can just walk into the water and start snorkeling. And what's great is that since it's so close, you can get the most out of your day - you can go in for a while, then get out and relax on the beach, have lunch, and go back in later if you want. Me, I can never get enough snorkeling, so I took full advantage of our time there and spent most of my time underwater with the fish (love those guys!!). It's not the best snorkeling site I've ever been to, but I really appreciated having the freedom to go in when I wanted and come out when I wanted, and not have to stick with any set group of people. I wish we could have stayed longer, but alas, Princess Cays is a short day.

Here is a link to a few photos from our day at PC: http://picasaweb.google.com/hrmccoy/2006PrincessCays?authkey=oYGD_AdJzY0

Enjoy yourself, you'll have a great time. I wish I was heading back.

Archived