Turtle Farm & Stingray City

Traysjj

We are looking for a tour company that does tours of the turtle farm and stingray city in one package. Does anyone have any ideas? The Ship offers it, but we would rather not book through them (gotta save my $ for bingo!) Thanks

My group did this tour with Native Way Watersports in 2006 and it was fun! We had a lot less people with us than the Carnival tour and at the time it was cheaper so we enjoyed it a lot more. The only suggestion I would offer with this tour is to try to be one of the first people on the air conditioned bus so you get a good seat. Our group was one of the last on so we had to sit on fold down seats in the aisle. Other than that the tour was great! I would do it again.

The website is: http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/index.html

Info On The Tour: (Stingray & Island)

Discover the often overlooked land-based treasures of the island and experience the thrill of swimming with the ‘rays at Stingray City Sandbar, all in one excursion.

Our favorite land and sea option combines Native Way’s Grand Island Tour with a trip to Stingray Sandbar, the only place in the world where you can not only see, but swim among, some 40 Southern Atlantic stingrays.

Our modern, air-conditioned buses, and friendly local guides, will take you to the world-famous Turtle Farm, Tortuga Rum Factory, 7-Mile Beach, and the Governor’s House. And you’ll go to Hell … and back … but only after cooling off in the crystal-clear, calm waters at Stingray Sandbar. You can swim under, over, and among the rays. And Native Way instructors will show you how to pet, hand-feed and snorkel alongside these friendly creatures.

Have Fun! :)

Archived