Independent tour Puntarenas Costa Rica

captfred

We traveled to Costa Rica this past December (not on a cruise). We used Juan Espinoza. He lives in Puntarenas, and he really made the trip worthwhile. His cell phone is (506) 879-0154. Dial 011 first for the country code.

You might get more responses if you post on the Costa Rica forum. :)

Hi, our ship stopped in Puntarenas just after Christmas. We had arranged ahead of time for a day at Turubari Tropical Park, and had a wonderful time. We went zip-lining, had a guided tour of the nature park and butterfly garden, and had a great lunch.

There were also quite a few tour operators at the end of the pier. Have fun whatever you decide!

Hi, our ship stopped in Puntarenas just after Christmas. We had arranged ahead of time for a day at Turubari Tropical Park, and had a wonderful time. We went zip-lining, had a guided tour of the nature park and butterfly garden, and had a great lunch.

There were also quite a few tour operators at the end of the pier. Have fun whatever you decide!

Do you know the name of the tour operator you took?

Do you know the name of the tour operator you took?

We booked it directly through the park, http://www.turubari.com. The park is about an hour from Puntarenas. They picked us up at the pier and had us back to the ship in plenty of time. I think it was $89 each plus $25 extra for the zipline.

I researched some of the other tour operators mentioned frequently on this board, but it seemed that they were much more interested in large groups than our party of two.

Hello...

I see that you were looking for independent tour guides for Puntarenas and possibly some of the other Central American ports (I saw your name on the 02/02 Quest roll call).

Tropicaldiscovery.com (great web site) is based in Antigua and will do full land or one day port tours. I have been dealing with tina@tropicaldiscovery.net planning independent shore excursions for two.

They are not inexpensive, but know the areas well and will work to include all of the activities you prefer to do in any given port. They planned a perfect trip through Guatemala for us a couple of years ago; I'm impressed by their professionalism.

Happy sailing and will probably see you on the cruise.

murphysmum (Janed);)

Archived