Glory Tours-Which tour?

telli01

We're going to be in Barbados in March and we're thinking of going with Glory tours for our tour. There are 4 of us, myself and dh, my mom and sister. My mom's not big into snorkeling but the rest of us are. I saw where they have the glass bottom boat so technically she could stay on while we snorkel. Full day or half day or what??? Any advice? Thanks ;)

Try emailing Sarah at Glory Tours--tell her your dilemma and let her solve. She is very honest and knowledgeable about what to do/where to go, etc.

A full day would be my suggestion and then do other things before/after snorkeling. Lunch, High Tea at a plantation, Nature Reserve, North Shore/Bathsheba, etc. :)

We were in Barbados in October and Glory Tours was a fantastic tour. Make sure you snorkel with the large turtles. Another cruise critic person recommended it to me and I am glad he did. I was afraid I might be frightened by it but it was not scary at all. My husband swam down and tou:) ched one of their shells but I was content just to look as they swam by. It was a great experience. We also toured the whole island and it is a beautiful place. Tour well worth the money. Happy Cruising.

We're going to be in Barbados in March and we're thinking of going with Glory tours for our tour. There are 4 of us, myself and dh, my mom and sister. My mom's not big into snorkeling but the rest of us are. I saw where they have the glass bottom boat so technically she could stay on while we snorkel. Full day or half day or what??? Any advice? Thanks ;)

We, well, I swam with the turtles while the wife and another guest stayed on the boat.... The explore and Discover Barbados Tour is the one we did.. Had a really good day....

Your mother will be able to see coral, fish, and yes turtles thru the glass portion of the boat while you snorkle....:)

Joey

Thanks guys! My dh and I were actually in Barbados last year and we did the kayaks and turtle snorkel and had a blast. We may do a part day tour and then go to the boatyard?? Ah decisions!

LOL.... Yeah I know its rough isn't it.....:D

We, well, I swam with the turtles while the wife and another guest stayed on the boat.... The explore and Discover Barbados Tour is the one we did.. Had a really good day....

Your mother will be able to see coral, fish, and yes turtles thru the glass portion of the boat while you snorkle....:)

Joey

tnsail,

My husband is leary of snorkeling because he is on meds which make him prone to leg cramps. (this happened on last snorkeling adven.) Glass bottom boat sounds like a good alternative. Is their any access to shade on board?

Yes there is beecruise.... There is a roof/cover over most of the boat.... This part of the excursion is not really handled by Glory Tours itself. They have a contract with a local outfit that does the glass bottom boat part of the tour.... The crew of this boat went out of their way to insure that a good time was had by all....

Joey

I'm currently waiting on a reply from Sarah for the same trip.

Does anyone know if the Glass bottom boat supplies all of the snorkel equipement including vests ?

Also how long does thet part of the trip last.

We'd love to see some of the island, do the Glass bottom boat then have some time so stroll around Bridgetown as we dont sail till 6pm.

Are we expecting too much to be able to do this ?

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer.

Happycruzer

Archived