Okay, DO TELL! Glacier Tour OR Whale Watching

ladyhoneybee

If you could only do one......

Glacier Tour in Whittier on day of embarkation [with Major Marine] or

Juneau Whale Watching trip with Orca Enterprises

I know both of these companies have fantastic reviews on this board. I am SOOO torn with which one to pick :) Due to our budget, we can only do one of these and everytime I think I know the answer.... I change my mind.

First time in Alaska. and I know I can't go wrong regardless of which I choose, but I am curious about all you seasoned Alaska go'ers... tell me --- which one would you do if you couldn't do both?

:)

Wow! Whales are all the rage, aren't they?!

Our ship does cruise through College Fjord and Glacier Bay so I know we'll see glaciers. I just was curious about getting a little more up close and personal with them on a smaller vessel with Major Marine.

But I am also curious as getting up close and personal with the whales. I imagine seeing these lovely creatures is an amazingly spiritual experience.

I was leaning toward the whales..... and you all just helped me to realize that!

THANK YOU :cool:

...But I am also curious as getting up close and personal with the whales. I imagine seeing these lovely creatures is an amazingly spiritual experience.

If you get a good day, that's exactly what it can be. Having a whale that's larger than your boat come gently alongside and breathe so you get "misted" is an experience you will never forget (my first time was over 30 years ago in the harbour at Tofino BC, and I still remember it very clearly).

Murray

I vote for whales with Orca Ent.! We went out with Capt. Larry in July 06 and saw the whales bubble net feeding. WOW! I know there is no guarantee that you will see the whales, but it is worth a try!

I think you will see glaciers during your cruise -- though not as close up -- depending on your itinerary.

Terri

Archived